The Future of the Academy

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The direction we wish to take the Academy into the future:

The two purposes of the Academy are to teach and inform.

Teaching skills will be the most important feature.
Teaching is to be gained through step by step instructions with diagrams or photographs as needed, with no distractions. Modelers should be able to print out the thread and follow directions to create something for themselves whether it is making structures or scenery or gaining photographic or electronic skills and other layout help such as track laying, wiring, layout construction and whatever else may come up.
The method of deciding what should go into the Academy should follow these steps:

(1) ---Moderators see something that they think is deserving of going into the Academy. They should PM Matthyro or post a link to it in the moderator’s area. The post should be judged as to how it fits into the Academy based on the criteria above. Moderators will then have the opportunity to vote whether the post moves into the Academy or not.
(2) ---Gauge members can suggest a post that they think should be in the Academy by contacting their Moderator or matthyro who should then follow the guidelines in step (1)

General considerations for Moderators voting a thread into the Academy:
(1) ---There should not be any duplication of how-to methods unless there are steps that are new and or different.
(2) ---Keeping the Academy limited to what it is really intended for. Teaching and Informing.

In addition we will be having a link to past issues of The Gauge Magazine at the
Academy.

We have also added GEMS to the archive area.
From time to time there will be posts that don't fit the criteria for the Academy but that are still well worth preserving. We will use the same method to choose what goes into GEMS as we do for the Academy.
Any concerns or thoughts should be sent to matthyro
Thank You

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
I am glad this has been posted, now WE know how things will be done.
Also it helps those with skills to post properley :thumb: :thumb:

There is a lot of hidden talent amongst our great members. I encourage them to share with us. :D :cool:

F

Fred_M

interurban said:
I am glad this has been posted, now WE know how things will be done.
Also it helps those with skills to post properley :thumb: :thumb:
:D :cool:

But it still doesn't help me. :confused: :confused: Fred