The Box

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
eightyeightfan1 said:
Mikey, You took a train......To a train show?
How cool is that?
Well, being that i grew up 2 blocks from the railroad - it was a decent thing :) :) It was definatly cheaper than driving in & parking in the city! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Astounding how that thing seems to follow Pete around. Last time I saw it, was on my layout and Pete was visiting at the time.
Yup!! He mentioned that very thing - Said he met you and another gauge member and the "Crate" mysteriously appeared .... like today

A ( carefully executed ) Coincidence, I'm sure! :D :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
sumpter250 said:
A ( carefully executed ) Coincidence, I'm sure! :D :D :D
Well, my theory is that at scale speed, it took just about three years to make it from Arizona to Philly. Here's the box on Aug 19, 2003 taken somewhere around Wickenburg, AZ:

Attachments

• Thebox in AZ 0803.jpg
    Thebox in AZ 0803.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 78

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
You know...... maybe we were too hasty in using all that Austrailian wood when we built those boxes..... They must use that same wood in boomerangs... :D :D :D

............. they keep coming back too!!!

Bob Collins

Oooooo, that was a stretch N-Gauger:D

I went back and reviewed the first couple of pages of this thread because I had it in my mind that it was a direct throw off from a discussion a number of us were having regarding an article in MRR about incorporating a polar bear into a scene on our respective layouts. Sure enough, there it was. Someone rightly suggested that the Box/crate was easier for everyone to get into the game., and the game has gone on as long as many shows on Broadway:thumb: :) :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
maybe we were too hasty in using all that Austrailian wood when we built those boxes..... They must use that same wood in boomerangs...

............. they keep coming back too!!!

If you go back and read the instructions, in the really, really fine print, there's something about installing a "bad penny".....................

Oh, as I understand it, most PC's can't display fonts that small, so maybe it got missed :D

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Time to Bump this thread for all the new members :)
:wave7::wave7:
I'm glad to see that someone is resurrecting these older threads. I noticed that when we moved to the new site all of my subscriptions were eliminated. Some are fine not being renewed, but I'd miss some of the old classics. Thanks Mikey :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Pooh Bah
For years I had an O scale version of the box that I put on my space when doing train shows. I have a few N scale boxes printed out; not sure if I ever got an HO one.

jsolie

Bumpity bumpity bump!

I had to find this thread because my 13 year old son finally spotted my little "Gauge" box from way back when and asked me where it came from. Now he wants to try to make one! :-D :thumb: