Test Using A Paper Camera

Bane

Since I will soon be starting my newbie build, I needed to figure out how to post pictures to the forum. I thought some pictures of a camera I built many years ago would be appropriate.
[/ATTACH]
picture.php
test001.jpg
test2

test3test3test3test3

010.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 0

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
This is really cool.

Where'd you get the model?

As a photogrpaher, It would be interesting to use this pinhole approach for sheet film and experiment with a paper bellows.

Thanks for sharing,

The DC

Bane

It's been too long since I built it to remember where I got it. I can tell you the company that produced it was Wrebbit, that after a quick perusal of this forum and Papermodelers.Com, that there are a small number of threads related to Wrebbit products, and finally the impression I get from the perusal is that it is no longer made, but still available on eBay, Amazon, etc. I did a quick google and it did pop up for sale at various sites.

It's not the most difficult build compared to many of the things I have seen here, but it is one of the few paper builds I've run across that performs some sort of function when you are done building.

Hope you can find one. Enjoy.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
FIrst off, welcome to the forum.
Secondly, the camera looks FANTASTIC!!! You did a GREAT job on it. It looks too crisp and clean to be made of paper.
Third, sense it does work, could you take a photo with it and post it on the thread to show the quality of the photos that it can take?
Thank you for sharing your work with us.
I am looking forward to seeing more.

Bane

I really don't think I can take credit for how good it looks. It was, as I recall, a very good kit with very clear instructions. I give all credit to the kit.

As for taking a pic with it...hmmmm....maybe. It's been sitting on a shelf for many years after I built it and who knows what may have shifted or warped internally. I just pulled it down so I had something relativly appropriate to use as I figured out how to post pics here.

If I remember correctly it took a fair picture, no worse than any pinhole camera, which is what it is, no matter how fancy it looks.

If I get any of that strange stuff we used all the time back in the day, Film is what I think we called it, I'll try to take a pic with the camera.

Z

Zathros

Film is getting harder to get, but it is still available, and will be for quite some time. The pixels on digital cameras are still too large. When they get smaller, much smaller, then film will pass. When I used pinhole cameras, I found that an extremely rigid mount, and ridiculously long exposures would produce incredible pictures. The pinhole had to be extremely fine, free from any paper fibers, and round. I found putting a drop of crazy glue on each side of the paper before making the pinhole made for a sharp edged, clean hole. I think these cameras turned on many people to photography. Massive pictures have been made using a pinhole technique. I believe it is the only way to create a photo as large as the one below, which I believe is the world's largest Pinhole Camera picture:

http://www.alternativephotography.com/wp/photographers/the-worlds-largest-pinhole-photograp

largest_photo.jpg
:)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
You are right, Zathos...and your didn't even touch digital's difficulty with depth of field or grain archs!!!

The DC

Z

Zathros

There's depth of field in digital! I'm looking for a digital camera that will shoot HD clips, but has a good picture, I am broke thought, so I can only spend around $250. I have been looking at a Canon Elph, which also has stereo sound. It's $259. This will be my third Canon Elph, I still have my S600.

I have a box Nikon Nikkor Lenses. Wide angle, an Olypus 70 to 220 mm Sliding telephoto, and a Tamron 500mm, tele-macro, with a 2X adaptor (1000 mm), all F-mount. I would like to buy a Nikon D 3200, but the price is $700 bucks. I may wait and get this next year. I have probably $3000 dollars worth of lenses just sitting there. I have two really nice Nikon's,I like my FM-2, but film is too costly and I don't have the connections I used to have on film developing.:confused: