Temporary Leave of Absence.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Hi Y'all, just wanted to let y'all know that I will be off more than on for the next month. Road trip to California, and staying with the stepson for 2 weeks or so. I'll only have my cell phone for internet access, but I'll try to check in each night.

I'll let y'all know when I make it back to regular.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like fun. Road trips are great. I look forward to the time when I can start doing some again. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Enjoy your trip and stay healthy! Don't forget to take a camera with you, maybe you see something interesting you want to document. :)

micahrogers

Staff member
Camping was washed out last night by severe thunderstorms, with 40+ mph winds, so we slept in the car, a little Kia Soul loaded with stuff... not a fun night.:violin:

So tonight I splurge, and got a Hotel room with a king size bed, and hot shower. Best Western in Deming NM is a nice cozy little motel.

Tomorrow will see us into AZ, CA and San Diego.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am sorry to hear that you got rained out. However, I am glad to hear that you are OK and was able to find a hotel!

micahrogers

Staff member
Pics are too big to post from my phone. And my computer is 2100 some odd miles away.

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
I do hope so, my wife was having a cow feeling the Aircraft Carrier Midway moving under her in Port. How well she will hold up to th little tourists boat... We'll see.
I take it your wife doesn't have her ''sea legs'' yet. Tourist boats tend to be fairly stable, plus hopefully she will be enjoying seeing the whales too much for the movement to bother her!

micahrogers

Staff member
I take it your wife doesn't have her ''sea legs'' yet. Tourist boats tend to be fairly stable, plus hopefully she will be enjoying seeing the whales too much for the movement to bother her!
Turns out I don't have my "sea legs" anymore, 3 hours on that boat, and while I had no ill affects on the boat, every muscle in my body aches. She didn't get seasick, but she did miss a step and sat down gard on one wave. Saw 6 whales and several sea lions. 5 Grey whales, and 1 Humpback. Too cool.