Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
This looks FANTASTIC!
Everything looks clean, clear and crisp! You did a professional job on this project!
Are you planning to build a diorama around it?

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
This looks FANTASTIC!
Everything looks clean, clear and crisp! You did a professional job on this project!
Are you planning to build a diorama around it?
Thx!
No, no diorama, at least not around this one ... This was actually started as a test so see how well I can build using a smaller scale that I am used to. I have another Fallout power armor unfolded and ready to build, but that one is ... ekm ... a bit more complex than this one, but could be put in a killer diorama/vignette. (If I don't get fed up with it in the meantime ... it happened before :( )

Also the picture that was the inspiration for this one doesn't really have stuff around the armor, and I don't feel like putting it on a different setting. (Even though I added some markings to the armor based on Fallout 1.)
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Fallout4_graph01-1200x675.jpg

Reactions: zathros

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thx!
No, no diorama, at least not around this one ... This was actually started as a test so see how well I can build using a smaller scale that I am used to. I have another Fallout power armor unfolded and ready to build, but that one is ... ekm ... a bit more complex than this one, but could be put in a killer diorama/vignette. (If I don't get fed up with it in the meantime ... it happened before :( )

Also the picture that was the inspiration for this one doesn't really have stuff around the armor, and I don't feel like putting it on a different setting. (Even though I added some markings to the armor based on Fallout 1.)
View attachment 154544

I like the backdrop for this. You should use something similar for this model to display it.
I look forward to seeing your other project and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
As with all of your past works, you have BLOWN this one COMPLETELY out of the water! You have down an OUTSTANDING JOB!!!:Bravo:
It has been decided that I will make this "Model Of Merit"!!!:Drinks:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Wow thank you very much!
You more than deserve it! The amount of time, effort, energy, and work that you put into this model has set the bar very high on many levels. You should be very proud of yourself!
Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!! :Congrats::Drinks::Bravo:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Daishi, I asked Rhaven to make this model of yours the M.O.M. as it is among the higher standards of execution, and build thread quality. An incredible build thread, step by step. You interacted with anyone who asked anything, you posted step by step pictures. This is part of that elite group of threads that really go to the heart of this forum. Thank you so very much for letting us in on your passion. :)

daishi

Apr 14, 2011
Hungary
Daishi, I asked Rhaven to make this model of yours the M.O.M. as it is among the higher standards of execution, and build thread quality. An incredible build thread, step by step. You interacted with anyone who asked anything, you posted step by step pictures. This is part of that elite group of threads that really go to the heart of this forum. Thank you so very much for letting us in on your passion. :)
Thank you!
This was a great project for me. I tried out a lot of new techniques I'll need for my next project, and the feedback from the other members helped a lot when I was really close to light the whole thing on fire :fireguy:.
But first I'll need a few weekends downtime from papercraft. But stay tuned the next one will be EPIC ... If I don't get fed up and light it on fire :biggrin:

Reactions: zathros and bigpetr

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This was a great thread to follow, and when bigpetr says it, you know it's true. ;)

Reactions: daishi and bigpetr

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Classic case of following a thread, and ME forgetting to click "Like"! :headbange:

Reactions: daishi