Sunbathing Girls Fell Asleep Before Train Crash

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Actually, the train didn't "Crash"...

Two teenage girls sunbathing on a railroad trestle lost limbs when a train came upon them unexpectedly in this New Hampshire border town, police said Wednesday.

The story is Here...

Rail-wheel Amputations...

I can't imagine that a railbed is the most comfortable one to sleep on.

N

nachoman

very sad. But at the same time, teenagers should be old enough to recognize dangers. We shouldn't be needing to police or close off areas just to protect people from self-stupidity. My bet is the parents will sue or complain about the "hazard" and the nearest town or county will try to force the railroad into putting up some kind of fence or warning.

Kevin

ScratchyAngel

Mar 25, 2008
Pullman, WA
There's an area in Seattle (I think near Magnolia) that was a magnet for morons walking on active curved track away from roads to become targets for trains.

cntown

Dec 29, 2007
Georgetown ON
When I was a teenager here in Georgetown one of the things to do was walk across the Grand Trunk trestle and back again.I only started to walk across when looking back towards the station I saw the light change indicating there was a train coming from Brampton no sooner did I turn around I saw the light of the engine coming around the bend towards the Georgetown station,this taught me a lesson real quick.Train time is anytime.

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.

Ha ha dummys!

I mean um, ah, thats too bad.

Seriously speaking now, it is sad, very sad, (did you really think i was that mean:twisted:) but read the article, they were skipping class to trespass. They were going to get in trouble here, or somewhere else. This is also why we lose privledges to watch trains and take pics, from spots that are safe, now a fence will go up, and everyone will lose, railroad loses money, kids lose body parts, etc.

It is sad, but almost just as big of an act of stupidity.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Sadly there seem to be no shortage of stupidity..This morning while taking my morning walk "rest" I notice a moron ride his bicycle around lower gates with the approaching train about 100 yards away and closing at track speed..One small mistake and the last thing that moron would have seen in this world would be the horse on front of a NS SD70M-2..