Spring as arrived at Portugal!!

nalmeida

And with all the sun and this smell of the flowers in the air I went out and took some pictures, this first one is from the Portuguese Intercity Train "Alfa-Intercidades". It was built by Siemens / Fiat Ferroviaria and it's designation is: "Série 4000", acording the the Portuguese Railroads Company Website we have actually 10 of them.

CP_01.JPG

This is the house were the person responsible for this road passing lives.

CP_02.JPG

The back of the building:

CP_03.JPG

And finally the the spring in it's simpler form.

CP_04.JPG

Hope you like them.

jon-monon

Neat pics! Love that loco. I would like to have that spoiler (wind dam?) on my MGB :D :D :D

The old station is nice too. It's always sad to see them fall by the wayside :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nice picture of the CPA4000... I'm only sorry that inside that train I always get sick... :D :D to see it from the outside is great...

I wonder how many of these structures are still up in our country? With the will from REFER to substitute them all by passages under or above tracks they are disappearing from our sight very quickly, unfortunately.

Where is that guard's house, Nelson? In Castanheira? It looks just like Telhal...

nalmeida

Thanks Jonh and Ricardo, yes this passing is in Castanheira do Ribatejo. I wish I had more time to get pictures of the ones that still remain, for future reference.

Originally posted by nalmeida
I wish I had more time to get pictures of the ones that still remain, for future reference.

Are you trying to document these things? I have some photos of level crossings. If you're trying to do some work on this area I may help you...