SpaceX BFR anybody?

I've seen the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy paper models at AXM, but nobody has done the BFR yet. I'm hoping someone will do it.

I will! I have downloaded and printed it. Gonna try it! The legs look kinda difficult, but hey. I have glue, blades, and a printer (to reprint the mess ups).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I would like this to turn into a build thread, and will rename it so if you wish. Nice thing is if you mess up a part, you just print out another. I used to always print out two copies, to make sure the size and ink colors were identical. The n if I needed a spare, or wanted to greeble a hatch, it was easy. You would be surprised how much cutting out a panel lined opening, and replacing it with a flush piece in the area you just cut out makes the model pop. I am surprised more people don't do it, eve doing with very think regular paper has the same effect. ;)

snowmanX

That is a neat trick re: cutting out a piece and replacing it flush . I learned something I will squirrel away for a future day.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
To be honest, I used to do this with ESTES Rockets when I was a kid. I am surprised more people don't, as using a thin piece of paper, you can put it over the existing spot, and since they have the same lines, the area thin additional piece compliments the original graphic.. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I HIGHLY suggest that you replace the TUBES ... like in the pic displayed if any.. by rolling common printer paper/copy paper ... rolled over a dowel or knitting needle and glued once at the beginning and once at the end.. you can also, then roll your next piece over the first and make telescoping tubes that actually fit and work..and they are smooth and strong when you are done... take the textured piece from the kit and scan that or print that on printer/copy paper at the last few turns and you will not have to paint them! Way better then trying to cut and convert cardstock rectangles into tubes by edge gluing and inner tabs!! They never look smooth!