Something Wonderful

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Disc pain is horrendous. I've posted too many times how many inoperable ruptured discs I have. I wish him the best outcome. Sometimes it will take the pain away, sometimes, if there's nerve damage it won't. It does prevent more nerve damage and and you will keep the motor function from deteriorating. Time will help him a lot, and not over exerting himself for at least 6 months. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I totally lost the disk between L5 and S1, three surgeries on the same disk, and there is none of it left, they implanted a silicone "U" to protect the spinal cord and nerve roots, but the nerve damage was done. I was able to continue to work from 1999 till 2020, so another 21 years or working, but I'm no paying the price for those 21 years. I'm now on Norco 10-325 three times a day, and Gabapentin 500 three times a day. No employer will touch me, and the tremors get worse all the time.

My wife sufferers from frequent infections due to her diabetes, and if they don't respond to oral antibiotics she gets hospitalized to have them surgically removed, she was in for 5 days in the middle of last month for aa nodule on the left thumb. My prayers are with you and your family John, God bless.

• Sad
Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I can relate to the pain Micah, if you don't have it, you can't understand how bad it is. I'm sorry to hear about you wife and antibiotics. I can barely take them. They cause C.Diff in me almost instantly. Not a good situation.

On another note, my sister has seemingly come through with flying colors on the surgery last night. She said she feels like it was just a bump in the road, and the doctor says he got everything. She's on high dose specific antibiotics now, very targeted, so time will tell. It's looking good though. ;)