Some stuff I just found ...

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
I just found a link from a friend on FB Chris Kuhn a remarkable 3d modeler. It started out here on Vimo, with, "
Long ago in a studio apartment in Burbank, CA, I built the original CG Colonial Raptor for the pilot of Battlestar Galactica. I was given fullsized CAD generated elevations that were being used to build the full sized set piece. At the time I started the CG model, the set piece had not been completed. I actually did not receive even a concept drawing of the ship. To this day, I have never seen one. I'm not sure why that is. Anyway, the bubble canopy is configured as originally designed per the elevations I received. I believe that during construction of the set piece, they must have realized that this design was not camera friendly and so it was changed after I had already completed the model.

Anyway, last year I decided to revisit this beast, which at the time, was totally reviled by most of the crew, and referred to as the "Craptor." I pulled the original Lightwave model into 3DS Max, fixed some bad geometry, but otherwise left it as originally conceived. I then retextured it in Substance Painter and rendered this test shot out of V-Ray. I had intended to do something more finished and complex but of course, got derailed. Hope ya like it!".
Josh Hooker
Video is HERE

and somehow I ended up following some links and landed on Babylon 5 and this...by Adam Mojo Lebowitz,
"SUPPORT THE HD RE-RENDER OF THE SEASON 3 TITLES!

I haven't done this before so if you have a question or comment, let me know. The basics: I'm looking to raise $750 to do the upgraded shot in HD, and if I reach my stretch goal of $1500 I'll be able to make more significant upgrades to the model itself.

You can offer any amount, but for $20 you get the full 1920x1080 animation file (the online upload will be 1280x720) and access to all of the original, 1,140 animation frames."

I am not suggesting you support anything, FYI, that is up to you... but this first intro to the BABYLON 5: SEASON 3 CREDITS HD REDUX.. is something you got to see, especially if you are a FAN...