Some pics of my layout

KATY

Jul 30, 2005
Liberty, MO
very nice work indeed. Are you still having fun operating this layout? Just wondering if the track plan keeps you interested.

I would like to know what type/size track, switches and switch machines you used

Fred, yes I still can have fun operating this layout, although looking back, I think I had more fun actually building it. There's just only so much you can do with a 36" x 80" inch door. I've thought about expanding it, but really want to hold off till retirement in a few years to build my so called dream layout.

Track is all Atlas sectional code 80 except for a couple of pieces of flex. Switches are all No.4 and all hand thrown with a toothpick or a finger. Electrical is not my strong point.

It's just nice to have a model railroad! Thanks for looking and the compliments.

Jack

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Jack...
Beautiful, Beautiful work!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I'm glad I didn't miss this. I can only repeat what others have already said....Everything looks "right"........spacing, colors, textures, industry positions and choices, water....EVERYTHING! If this is what you can do on a door......your retirement can not come soon enough for me!...I want to see that DREAM layout when you build it!
thank you for sharing:) :wave:

kpoole

Oct 29, 2007
Folding Legs

First, Great job on the layout! I've got that book, and have just ordered track for my door layout, which I've gleaned ideas from the Carolina Central for. I can only hope that mine turns out looking half as nice, especially the landscaping and details. About the folding legs, I live in central Indiana, and the Lowe's here in town carries folding legs, they're about $18-20 a set. I found them with the resin folding tables (think plastic banquet and card tables).

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Jack - you really should think about posting some more pictures...I know I don't get tired of seeing it. I look at all the details (like the painted curbs in town for parking/no parking) and get encouraged to do more on my layout.

KATY

Jul 30, 2005
Liberty, MO
shameless bump and a few more pics

Hope you enjoy........

Attachments

• DSC_0151.1.JPG
    DSC_0151.1.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0152.1.JPG
    DSC_0152.1.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0155.1.JPG
    DSC_0155.1.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0156.1.JPG
    DSC_0156.1.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0165.1.JPG
    DSC_0165.1.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0166.1.JPG
    DSC_0166.1.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 28

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Layout threads are the best. I love reading through them, especially when they don't end with either "I'm moving and the layout can't" or "I'm destroying this layout." (I tend to be depressed for a couple of days after reading those) I remember this being one of the first layouts I saw on this web site and was very impressed. You did a great job. :thumb: Thanks for bumping it up.

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Hi.

I am sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I am gathering info about this layout. I was hopping to plan a shelf layout, but I could not get enough "real estate".

Do you have any kind of progress photo you could post?

Thanks.

KATY

Jul 30, 2005
Liberty, MO
Luis, not sure I understand your question. I have no photos of the layout while it was under construction. Looking back, wish I would have taken some.

KATY

Jul 30, 2005
Liberty, MO
WOW! Over 12,000 views of my little layout.
I am humbled and honored.
Thanks to all who have viewed my little corner of the world.

Jack (Katy)

NSSD80MAC

Nov 27, 2005
WOW! Over 12,000 views of my little layout.
I am humbled and honored.
Thanks to all who have viewed my little corner of the world.

Jack (Katy)

Jack,

I remember seeing this in the MRR issue in my younger days and always remembered it. Partly because I'd love to build the exact layout. As far as 12k views, the attention is greatly deserved on such a masterpiece. I liked every inch of it! Its jaw Dropping!jawdrop
Great job!

Dan T.
NY