Soda Can Miscellaneous projects completed

Rhaven Blaack

ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
You did a GREAT JOB on this F-15. I fully understand revisiting old models and improving them.
I did the same thing with the BRTC25 Thunder Fighter. I rebuilt it so many times that I think that I know the model just as well as the original designer. I have added even more detail and greebles.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Well sometimes the beauty of experimentation is that you can go back and revisit a project to see if you can do it better than you did the first time, and this is something I do quite a bit and most recently with the evolution of bare can modeling. Reviewing this thread, you would note that I constructed an F-15 Eagle early on in the experimentation, but something just wasn't as perfect as I would have liked it to be. So I revisited the build, this time redesigning a new nose, a new canopy, the engines and I also added the wing tanks which you so often see on the Eagle while its in flight. The result was not only a better looking model, but pride in knowing that I had nudged this art to yet another level. What do you think?

F-15 Eagle

Length: 16 inches
Wingspan: 10 inches

Right on the money, and you have not only taken this to a new height, you have turned a lot more people onto it. I am contemplating a small English Wheel to see if I can fuse some metal parts with paper, for the sake of the model, I am not a purist when it comes to building anything! >:)

gman_93643

Oct 30, 2017
Well if I am able to inspire or be of any assistance in anyone's endeavors, then the aim of this thread has all but been achieved! :)

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
The British tank looks like a real one just "de-militarized" and recoloured in "happy tree" colours. Marvellous works of art! Thank you very much for posting these. :)

gman_93643

Oct 30, 2017
So two more projects have been completed since my last visit, so I decided to combine them into one post and let you folks vote/decide which project you like the best.

First, the iconic Piper Tri Pacer in Wal-Mart generic Cola:

Or Secondly, the MiG 21 out of bare aluminum cans, formerly Coca Cola cans:

So what do YOU think? Which one do you think came out the best? :)

Dagger

Feb 12, 2019
Greetings. I believe that you can not choose any, both are magnificent! Impressive works.

gman_93643

Oct 30, 2017
Been a While since I posted anything, so I thought I would share a new build. The re-imagined T-65 X-wing Starfighter. Dimensions are 19 inches long with an 18 inch wingspan. Used a combination of bare silver cans and Sam's Choice Cola Cans with blue accents to make it pop. Brings new meaning to, "This is Red five, I'm going in..." don't you think?

X-Wing BP1.jpg

X-Wing BP3.jpg