So..... Does Anybody Want To Buy A Train?

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
After all this going around trying to help my buddy and his kid set up a train layout, the kid finally comes clean with his dad and tells him that he'd rather play the guitar. He's even been taking lessons from a friend from school who plays. Since my buddy is a drummer, this thrilled him to no end and they immediately went guitar shopping.

I asked him what he wanted to do about the train set and he told me to keep it and do whatever I wanted with it. :cry:

Kevinkrey

After all this going around trying to help my buddy and his kid set up a train layout, the kid finally comes clean with his dad and tells him that he'd rather play the guitar. He's even been taking lessons from a friend from school who plays. Since my buddy is a drummer, this thrilled him to no end and they immediately went guitar shopping.

I asked him what he wanted to do about the train set and he told me to keep it and do whatever I wanted with it. :cry:

Bummer......for the kid who just made a big mistake! Didnt you just take down a layout? Why not keep it? Or am I thinking of someone else?

jesso

First question? Was the train set purchased by him or you? If him, be happy and use it as a practice layout for preparing to build your Z scale empire. If by you, try and find a way to get your money out of it. Good luck, sorry to hear about the constant changing of directions.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Bummer......for the kid who just made a big mistake! Didnt you just take down a layout? Why not keep it? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Yeah, I just sold all my N scale stuff not too long ago. I think the wife would probably freak on me if I decided to build another layout already. Especially with money as tight as it is.

First question? Was the train set purchased by him or you? If him, be happy and use it as a practice layout for preparing to build your Z scale empire. If by you, try and find a way to get your money out of it. Good luck, sorry to hear about the constant changing of directions.
I paid for it on my CC with the intention that he would pay me back once everything was bought. (Since he doesn't believe in credit cards and we were ordering everything online.) I'm glad I hadn't ordered any track or anything else now.

I'm nto sure if I'll sell it at this point or just keep it for a project somewhere down the road.

jesso

Originally Posted by Cannonball I paid for it on my CC with the intention that he would pay me back once everything was bought. (Since he doesn't believe in credit cards and we were ordering everything online.) I'm glad I hadn't ordered any track or anything else now.

But he believes in using other people's money and sticking them with the bill. Niiiiiicccccceeee. :cry:

Don't accidently break the new guitar over his head. :twisted:

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
But he believes in using other people's money and sticking them with the bill. Niiiiiicccccceeee. :cry:

Don't accidently break the new guitar over his head. :twisted:

He's not normally like that.
I guess he figured I would just return it and get my money refunded but I'm not so sure I want to get rid of it.

I'm still not happy about the plastic wheels on the cars but that little 2-6-0 has grown on me. It's got to be one of the quietest engines I've ever heard.

Plus I redid the layout again and expanded the loops.
Still 11" curves and I really want to put this on the Scenic Ridge kit.
The wife would disown me though.

Attachments

• NewAndImproved.jpg
    NewAndImproved.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 17
I think you should explain to the "friend" that train sets are not returnable once opened and you are now out $140. And then see what happens.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
I think you should explain to the "friend" that train sets are not returnable once opened and you are now out $140. And then see what happens.

In all likelihood, he would probably offer to pay for it. He's brain damaged but not usually one to be frivolous with other people's money. (He has enough of his own to throw around. :D ) I'm sure he figured it was just an easy return and didn't think. I'm seriously considering keeping it though. If I wanted, I could return it but it would cost me a 30% restocking fee.