so confused with Pepakura Designer 3

evan3585

that helped thanks:) but does anyone know of a tutorial maybe with photos and/or a video? For dummies like me to be able to understand lol. I know how to cut,paste,put together and all that just not how to make my own with a 3D model I find online.

newscctv

I've been able to do a box but that is it. What do you mean rearange more complex models? Plus when I exported models to .kmz it doesnt work right. like that cube was 226 kb and when I exported to .kmz it was 61 kb. If I try and open it in pepakura it crashs. Any idea why??
(figured it out I had to downgrade to sketchup 6 for pepakura to take it and make sure its google earth 4)
bridesmaid dresses
wedding dresses with sleeves
euro wedding dresses
plus size wedding dresses
Is there any possible way you can explain how to do a more complex model. Not something thats crazy complex just more then just a box. That would be very helpful and thanks for all the info you gave me so far:)

dorramider7

So Im starting to figure this out but how to a make complex images have less faces or poly count. I tried this polyreduce plugin but its not working right or I don't get it. Is there a way to do this manually?
you're kinda right : I use the 6.0 version. It's a little irronic that a older version is better from this point of view as the new one. When I say to rearange the part I mean to use the functions that appear when you give click-right on the mouse ( Rotate, Join/Disjoin faces and so on).
Here is a exemple in the first picture is the model unfolded by Pepakura and in the second one the same model rearanged.

FuKt

thanks for all the info in this thread, i am planning on using Pepakura Designer sometime soon to make some models, so ill def try some low-poly ones first :)

PapierMachette

I'm new here but I also got a question about using Pepakura from Google Sketchup. I'm trying to convert this model http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=c778a6ac6cf0c81d4904d89e9169817b to a papercraft but have been having some problems. I've been converting them to .kmz and .obj but the latest version of Pepakura, which I'm using, keeps crashing. Now I know the image is high polygon so is there any way I can reduce this number?

I'm also trying to convert this model too http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=dd08eeead4fb3a75e80540ad96fe9eef&prevstart=0 and Pepakura can unfold it but it comes out really weird and abstract with way too many parts- is there any way to fix this? Also is there anyway to preserve the texture/detailing for Pepakura?

Anyway, as a newb I apologize for asking so many questions but I would really appreciate any help.

C

Chaquan

I use the 6.0 version. This is a small irronic old version is from this point to the new better. When I say I mean the part rearange is to use the function when you click the mouse on the right to...

akira12

So Im starting to figure this out but how to a make complex images have less faces or poly count. I tried this polyreduce plugin but its not working right or I don't get it. Is there a way to do this manually?
you're kinda right : I use the 6.0 version. It's a little irronic that a older version is better from this point of view as the new one. When I say to rearange the part I mean to use the functions that appear when you give click-right on the mouse ( Rotate, Join/Disjoin faces and so on).
Here is a exemple in the first picture is the model unfolded by Pepakura and in the second one the same model rearanged.

J

jacketshen

I still need help with these more complex models. How do I lower the faces or polys or whatever?