Simple Colonial Viper (based on the geocities.jppapertoy_box/sirius replicas)

Walter2

Apr 19, 2023
Österreich
Could you elaborate more on what you mean by "a slightly "3D" look - concave or convex"? Especially since it is fully three dimensional. Now with that being said, if you are referring to greebling; yes it has a great deal of greebling potential. All you have to do is print out additional templates and cut out the components that you with to use for greebling and go from there. Why I did not initially do this in the beginning is that I want to keep the actual basic construction as simple as possible for those who are beginners and wish to have a nice looking model, that they can later rebuild and learn how to implement new building skills and techniques without the worry or frustration of attempting to learn how to build a more complex model template from the beginning.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant, I just couldn't think of the word. I tried it once on a trial basis, it's a bit of an effort, but it looks quite good on larger models. I once saw instructions from a Japanese on a model, but can't remember where.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Yes, that's exactly what I meant, I just couldn't think of the word. I tried it once on a trial basis, it's a bit of an effort, but it looks quite good on larger models. I once saw instructions from a Japanese on a model, but can't remember where.
Not a problem. I wholeheartedly understand.
Once I finalize both the template and instructions, I will be uploading it to the resource section for everyone to enjoy.

Reactions: Walter2

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You can greeble large parts of a model after you have built it. ;)

flpaperguy

Nov 9, 2023
Central Florida, USA

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Rhaven Blaack,
Thank you for sharing this Viper model!

Any progress on the 1/33 scale (and more detailed ) version of your Colonial Viper Mk. 1?
I am glad that you like this one.

IF you are referring to the Viper MK-I that @Revell-Fan is developing, that is a question for him to answer (which I will let him do.

Reactions: flpaperguy