Sieverville,Tn

P

philip

I just finished this frame. Main platform is plastic and the rest / supports are weathered stripwood ripped on a bandsaw and then CAed in place. I kind of eye balled everthing in place.....all the lumber is different size so variation in the looks. :rolleyes: Its just a frame...................

Attachments

• on30 frame.jpg
    on30 frame.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 111
P

philip

close up of frame/truck :eek:ops: problem. The problem is the truck is to low and the wheels rub the framing. I think I will redo the main cross member and raise it about a 1/4 or so. maybe just laminate a piece over the top.

Attachments

• P1010357.JPG
    P1010357.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 164
P

philip

well the LPB (boss) shows up and he's not amused :rolleyes:

he doesn't say a whole lot! :p

Attachments

• window0n30.JPG
    window0n30.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 169
P

philip

window finished. I'll make a mold of this one so I don't have to scratchbuild 14 windows. :wave:

Attachments

• window2do.JPG
    window2do.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 157
P

philip

Thanks Catt! I'll give you some windows! off to bed the company finally left. :sleeping:

P

philip

I just laminated over the top of the cross member to correct the truck clearance problem. Also added some strapping and a few rivets. So far so good.....................:wave:

Attachments

• P1010360.JPG
    P1010360.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 120
  • P1010364.JPG
    P1010364.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 126
P

philip

A paper 1-D mock up of the body.:wave:

Attachments

• P1010367.JPG
    P1010367.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 119
P

philip

Whats missing and what else should be added to the undercarriage?

philip

Attachments

• P1010368.JPG
    P1010368.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 120
P

philip

Thanks Matthew! Love those sharknose locos' from PRR and the old long haul tenders with the dog house!

P

philip

a small accomplishment

I have been cloning windows the last few days in my spare time. I have 3 molds so tonight after work I''ll cast a few 14 to be exact. I finished the freight door master late last night.:sleeping: I'll try to get the big door in the box sometime. I still have the dreaded entry doors. I may buy those from Grandt Line. Well off to work. The real job and on a saturday to.

Attachments

• doors windows.JPG
    doors windows.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 164
P

philip

Many thanks to Catt, Tyson, Kettlestack, sumpter 250, Lighthorseman & Live Steamer. :thumb:

Attachments

• closed.JPG
    closed.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 101
P

philip

-view from my foxhole-

Seriously Jon, I stopped the thread because everyone seemed to move to AMR. It was seven long days before anyone posted anything at all, so I pulled the plug here and started posting at AMR. It would be nice if someone would at least quick post here and say something. I am open to suggestions and criticism. Lord knows I'm far from perfect! My last unanswered question had to do with details for the undercarriage that I submitted 12 days ago. Dead silence! Is everyone quit (disenrolled) at The Gauge (Narrow Gauge)? I'm just winging this project.......nothing fancy.........just something to follow the tracks... :wave:

I have absorbed a wealth of information at this forum. I try to read every post and enjoy the activities. If someone asks a question someone should reply. I guess dead summer has an effect on the current # of participating members. I often feel like the Reverend preaching to an empty church. Downright depressing!

Andy, Yes. The train shop I visited was Smoky Mountain Model Trains on Pittman Center Road. There were other shop but my schedule wouldn't allow it.
www.smokymtnmodeltrains.com
Thats a great area for a log cabin home! ( Escape to the Mountains)......sounds purfect. :thumb:

P

philip

details

OK here we go again..................stuff to complete the combine, Baggage doors, Turnbuckles, roof vents & nut and bolts for the undercarriage.

Attachments

• conbine details.jpg
    conbine details.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 84