shuttle TYDIRIUM

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
Hi all. long time not been here. since the passing of my wife Deb on may 1st i haven't had any desire to do much of anything. try as i might, i just couldn't. so, i finally kicked meself in the butt to do something. thought i'd start off with the shuttle TYDIRIUM. i had it printed out on regular size paper. it's a slow go and only been working at it for a few days but i need this distraction. so here's 2 picks on what i got done so far and i'll keep ya all posted on how things are going
Mark

Attachments

• 20220810_193302.jpg
    20220810_193302.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220810_193308.jpg
    20220810_193308.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That model looks so well when done. Looking forward to it. Good choice! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am truly sorry for your loss. I deepest and sincere condolences to both you and your family.
Welcome back to Zealot. It is always good to see you here! You have chosen a very interesting model. I have been wanting to see a build thread done for quite awhile now. I am greatly looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. I will be watching this thread closely!

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
My condolences and support.

I look forward to seeing your build and hearing tyour thoughts about the kit and its fit, and where there may be improvements/modifications needed. I have thought of building this very kit before!

Will stay tuned!

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Welcome back and sorry for your loss. Its always good to give yourself a kick.

This model is also on my todo list for sure I gone follow this thread and I hope to learn from your steps. And I have to say you it looks verry crisp and clear.

Keep the picturrs comming. :yesyes:

Last edited:

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Well I did print the template. Is there a Englisch building instruction available couldnt find any on the internet.
Its only 18 pages :biggrin:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
You have my condolences on your loss as well, I'll be watching the Tydirium come together.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My deepest condolences from me to you and your familiy. It is good to see that you feel ready to start a new project. This can help overcome this bad time. :)
Well I did print the template. Is there a Englisch building instruction available couldnt find any on the internet.

Here you are. The English instruction file is contained in the instrukcja.zip . :)

Chuffy70

A fine start back at it. Modelling is a great hobby to distract you from the woes of live.

Looking to seeing more of your progress, and glad you've kicked yourself in the butt!

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
do have a english instruction set at 3 pages. i'll have to look for it and can send to you if you want

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
well, got all the body frame pieces cut out. some are really thick and oh my poor fingers ..haha.. i forgot on how hard this is on the hands. and all glued together. i like the first line on the directions state.." the model is not simple to build"..hahah.. these are to best ones to do. love a challenge. ok, here are the pic's so far

Attachments

• 20220811_202957.jpg
    20220811_202957.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220813_084447.jpg
    20220813_084447.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The end result will compensate for any blood, sweat and tears during the build. This is the best Tydirium model out there. It is on my list (for my Star Wars friend) and I may speculate that this is even the most accurate model of it you can find (aside from the Hasbro / Kenner toy and garage kits). :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
With that framing so true and straight, this will be one fine examply of this model. My old hands have me taking mutiple passes instead of trying to cut thick parts at one pass. :)

lyter1958

Esteemed Member
ok guys n gals.. got a little more done . slow going for sure. just not feeling it but pushing myself to do this.. work on it a hour or two here n there. got the leg bays somewhat done and did the frames for the landing legs. i know, a little at a time. enjoy

Attachments

• 20220819_182115.jpg
    20220819_182115.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220819_190004.jpg
    20220819_190004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220821_142635.jpg
    20220821_142635.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220821_143502.jpg
    20220821_143502.jpg