Show us your layout, or anybody you knows layout, or your club layout.

toptrain1

My next photo is a little more recent. It is 2 views from up ontop the 3 section roundhouse of the storage tracks between this roundhouse and the main office building.
Frank

Camels 7 - Copy.JPG

A LVRR 4-6-2 Camelback is the closest. a CNJ 2-8-2 Camelback is next. Then a modified, Shortned now 4-6-0 camelback is third. last is a Mogul 2-6-0 camelback smaller 0-4-0C and 0-60c camelbacks are in line behing the larger ones.

Last edited:

toptrain1

IMG_9844 - Copy.JPG IMG_9845 - Copy.JPG

**My favorite Model train club layout is The New York Society of Model Railroad Engineers layout in Carlstadt New Jersey on Hoboken Road. I have two good friends that are members there. Louie and Bob. Louie is a long time HO modeler and Bob is the senior O scaler. Bob was the proprietor of the Millburn Hobby Shop which after many years had to close his doors as the hobby faded. A place I miss a lot. Louie like Bob I have known for many years and had the pleasure of working with him. They make every time I can get to there club a good day. I'll show you some photos.
frank

Last edited:

toptrain1

Opps I may have put too large a photo in my last post. It is an area just past the roundhouse and engine maintenance shops. Here is another photo of this engine area. The station which is partly seen to the left in the first photo.

IMG_9848 - Copy.JPG

Another view of the locomotives just past the turn table.
IMG_9849 - Copy.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Man, what a set up!! I like this thread, a lot!! :)

toptrain1

* Another look at Frankford station. The local Historical group has a little fun dressing up in 1840's style to greet travelers as the board and disembark to trains. History tells that the N.J..R.R..& T.Co. was the first railroad to run tracks down Bayonnes east side and in Greenville placing tracks paralleling the Morris Canal to Newark Bay. I could not find out why they did it. This was all 20 years or more before the CRR of NJ opened their bridge between Elizabeth and Berger Point and provided rail service through the Bayonne Peninsula to Jersey City.

P6110008.JPG

Last edited:

toptrain1

Well This is my layout a week or so ago. A beat up Thomas set has been added. It is missing a roof and windows on one of the coaches so my grandson uses it as a gondola.
frankIMG_2611 - S.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
OMG!!! What a beautiful layout. Superb!! I feel so inadequate commenting on something so way over my head. It's beautiful though. ;)

toptrain1

With my layout taken apart to give me space to build the 1840 Jersey City first terminal which is well documented here, I will post more photos of mu son steves layout.
* First a pair of his Camelbacks he Scratch-built.

These are decapod Camelbacks, that means they have 10 driving wheels. they have a 2-10-0 wheel arrangement.

IMG_7107 - S.JPG

IMG_7109 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

toptrain1

Skipping over to diesel power and more freight locomotives. his painted and detailed by steve Lackawanna EMD FT A-B-A .

First you get to see there pretty faces.
IMG_7343.JPG

Here they are at work pulling a freight around a bend.
IMG_7822 - Copy.JPG

Last a side view of the power.
IMG_7341.JPG

toptrain1

Another look at the FT latchup pulling a freight past the coaling tower at the engine house.
Steves layout
IMG_2203 -S.JPG

Last the engine facility
Steves layout
IMG_2214 S.JPG

Last edited:

toptrain1

Allentown Yard (steves layout)

IMG_2197 -S.JPG

Caboose holding area.
IMG_2199 - S.JPG

Small special freight transfer and pickup facility.
IMG_2171 -S.JPG

Close up second view transfer and pickup facility.
IMG_2170 - S.JPG

Last edited:

toptrain1

Here is a old layout I had in the 1980's. Most
You'll see a Mantua Mikado, Varney Old Lady, Lionel 0-4-0t, Silvine 0-4-0t, A penn line or Roundhouse locomotive and a blurry whatever the other is.

10-20-2010 03;46;22PM.JPG

10-20-2010 03;46;22PM_1.JPG