Salutations From Colorado!

Hello everyone! My name is Deyson Morken and I am from Colorado Springs, Colorado. I have been a Paper Modeler for about 6 years now, my main interests are in music as I play 4 instruments now (3 being variations of guitar) and I am in some of the top symphonies in Colorado (mainly on my French Horn). I also have a rock band I started with my friends about a year ago called "Avast" and we write our own music for that, I do lead vocals and lead guitar. I also have my bass that I can use for playing in jazz as well. I have built all sorts of models over the years in all sorts of categories, I have finished Ken West's 1/12 Apollo Command module, Ken West's 1/32 B-58 Hustler, Ken West's 1/32 SR-71 Blackbird, Avrydas's realistic repaint of Fortezza's Iconic Space Shuttle model in 1/100 scale, and some of Visual Spicer's massive car models just to name a few of the major ones. I am a bit of a perfectionist so it can be frustrating to build models from time to time and it is hard to find inspiration to push me along. It is always better to take a break so something you love doesn't become something you hate. I am back to building models now and I have been looking for a challenge so if anyone has any ideas in the space category perhaps, I'd love to hear it! I can't wait to meet all of you and I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Years!
-Deyson Morken (OSN Paper Models)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Deyson,

Please allow me to be the first one to welcome you to Zealot!

You have come to the right place for all things paper/cardstock, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.

You are quite a talented person. It is most impressive that you four instruments, play for the symphony and and a rock band.

By all means, please post photos of your models. We love seeing photos.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

When you start a new project, I would like to encourage you to post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Happy New Year!

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Hello Deyson, happy new year and welcome to zealot. You have done some nice project can you sharr dome imagrs of these models.
There are a lot of real space models.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

I'd love to see some pictures of your previous work. Please feel free to post them here. :)

Cool to know about your music.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot. I played Violin for a while, even learned how to fix them and make my own Bridges from scratch. Feel free to post any pics you want to in this thread. It would be nice to see your Guitars. French Horns are such a beautiful sounding instrument. That is quite a personal best you have achieved. I for one would be interested in seeing your models and musical Instruments.

I have a 1947 Georgi Johannes Stradivarius copy. It has aged fantastically. Welcome to Zealot! :)

georgi-johannis-jpg.182242