Rocketeer nose-art for a P-51

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Oct 7, 2015
14716350_1303519056327853_5685389329786571192_n.jpg

I make action figure displays and I've been working on some ideas for WW2 P-51 Mustang fighters for different characters. I've finished nose-art for Captain America and Col. Steve Trevor from Wonder Woman. I got to thinking about a fighter plane for Cliff Secord--The Rocketeer. The graphic on the left is an illustration of the Bettie Rocketeer by Mario Chavez from Deviant Art.com. The one on the right I digitally painted and added the Rocketeer logo from one of the comic books. I'll place it on my P-51 photo template later today and see how it looks. I'll be repainting a P-51 model and adding the nose-art, re-scale it for 1/12th so it will match my 6 inch Rocketeer action figure. What do you guys think?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
WOW! Lee, your talent is awesome!!, Thanks for posting this Nose Artwork. I look forward to seeing more! ;)

Reactions: Lee Clifton

Lee Clifton

Oct 7, 2015
Thanks guys! I didn't draw it, just painted it and added the logo. Heres a workup on a photo of a P-51 Mustang. The plane was originally a photo of Old Crow.Rocketeer P-51 Workup-email.jpg

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Lee Clifton

Oct 7, 2015
Thanks Rhaven! I've got three more I finished a while back. I did two versions for Captain America and one for Steve Trevor with Wonder Warrior(Woman). Just getting ready to upload them. I'll be building repainted paper models soon. I'll be re-scaling them to 1/12th so I can use them with my 6 inch action figures for diorama shadowboxes.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Very Nice!!..that will look great !
( and a coincidence to say the least, was just doing the same last night, but only got to the stage of thinking about adding some nose art to my SNJ-5 T6 Texan.., and also the SB2C Helldiver and the latest TBD-1 Devastator....) I think I just figured out where some of my time goes....;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The painting brought the line drawing to life. That is Art! ;)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Hey we understood what you were doing...but you changed a painting to a vector drawing (showing skill) and made it your own by giving it a new purpose and life! I guess that's what makes Zealot different we have a collective knowledge that enables us to applaud those that are good at what they do!! ;)

Note: Just a suggestion...her nylons..I think they would look a bit better if you toned down the black to a grey shade, it would give a separation from the boots and add a bit more to the transparency effect...see what you think.