Robinson - multi ship assembly

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It went to minus -9 Fahrenheit here last night. I breath through my nose in twice, and can trim my nose hairs by breaking them down to the numb.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
It went to minus -9 Fahrenheit here last night. I breath through my nose in twice, and can trim my nose hairs by breaking them down to the numb.

Now that's a winter!;) Time to ski (downhill), cross country if you have to, or snowmobile for kicks or just get to work!:wink:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
That said, I do have this wonderful "cyclist tan", my torso is white as the driven snow, arms & legs (where the shorts & shirt end) a healthy brown :). That's years of exposure to get this though!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That said, I do have this wonderful "cyclist tan", my torso is white as the driven snow, arms & legs (where the shorts & shirt end) a healthy brown :). That's years of exposure to get this though!

I coffee with milk colored all over. It's a genetic thing. I just get darker coffee colored in too much Sunlight. Summer's in Connecticut regularly his almost and sometimes 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the dog days of Summer. It's so humind, with the heat, you hide inside till the Sun starts to go down, or go play in our many dark forests..

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
That sound like Durban :) I have the traditional English complexion :( White+Sun = RED!!! (except for the parts mentioned above)

The wife occasionally jokes (maybe not) that she navigates to the bed from bathroom at night by looking for the non-tanned parts of me

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That sound like Durban :) I have the traditional English complexion :( White+Sun = RED!!! (except for the parts mentioned above)

The wife occasionally jokes (maybe not) that she navigates to the bed from bathroom at night by looking for the non-tanned parts of me
Hah!! That's funny. My wife is Irish and English mostly, you know ow Americans are, we're all mostly a Hodgepodge of the world's people's. She has some pretty witty remarks about my, forget about it if I happen to fart, "like,"OMG, why has God punished us so", or, she gets up and leaves the room, remarking about something about "you can stew in that one alone", or "throw those underwear away, when your done"". Of course, she farts yearly, and it's a special occasion. I usually just tell her, "What happened, nobody to talk to today?". ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You can also get comments in if you find holes towards the rear of underwear :)

That's funny, unless their the easy access holes, that necessity! :)

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Hi guys,
...nice build on the Robinson Sky Seeker;) btw

I had longer technological break:( and saw what i missed here:walkingdead:

That Spaceagent-9 Astro Racer year ago is great, only thing it need is to build the thing physicly and it will obtain indipendent entry logo...and voila The model can be supported by this forum in indipendent entry section for download. :wink: Everyone can make his own astro racer here

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Hi guys,
...nice build on the Robinson Sky Seeker;) btw

I had longer technological break:( and saw what i missed here:walkingdead:

That Spaceagent-9 Astro Racer year ago is great, only thing it need is to build the thing physicly and it will obtain indipendent entry logo...and voila The model can be supported by this forum in indipendent entry section for download. :wink: Everyone can make his own astro racer here

Wow!!:surprise::surprise: Thanks Master Builder!:animated: It was a real pleasure to build.:)

Although I'm going to have to rebuild the first ship the Rea liner as it doesn't quite line up with ship #2 the Orca. The ship needs stronger magnets and the nacelles of both ships need to be lined up and held together prior to gluing to the main fuselage. Details.. details... I'll figure it out eventually.

Love the background story. I've been toying with the idea of adding another ship below the orca to bring stability to the ship assembly. Overall though the designs are really neat.:)

Thanks again for your creativity and for stopping on by!:)thumbsup

Sky Seeker

Alien99

Papercraft Member
I recommend neodym magnets....they are stronger with smaller size.;)
You are good point....I thought about 9´th ship below the whole complex to hold the ships together or some sort of display stand. .....But it WAS unnecessary equipment for the complex to print it in ABC magazine.
That´s why the display stand (9th ship) was never created :(

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I recommend neodym magnets....they are stronger with smaller size.;)
You are good point....I thought about 9´th ship below the whole complex to hold the ships together or some sort of display stand. .....But it WAS unnecessary equipment for the complex to print it in ABC magazine.
That´s why the display stand (9th ship) was never created :(

Ok makes sense. :yesyes: I could always modify the Orca with some magnets and build a modified version of the Neucom anyway. The Orca already is the "lynch pin" for most of the design, why not add more magnets?

I used rare earth instead of neodynium just due to cost. Next time I could go all out and "greeble away" for the next one depending on how much time I have.

Thanks for stopping on by Master Builder! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::)

Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Alien99, you have created some many concepts that would make either great movies, of series for T.V>, I just don't know why no one has caught you yet. :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Been thinking about an add on to the Robinson Collection. It involves something akin to the Colonial Movers Ship that acts as a stand for the Robinson.

colonial-movers-04.jpg

In stead of the above the containers could be side by side with an access point for the little ships of the Robinson i.e. shuttles or the like.

See below.

Shipping+Container+ISBU.jpg

There would obviously be some major differences from the above pic, but similar in concept with the exception of the roof there would be a center container joined to the others with rockets similar to the space shuttle SRBs (solid rocket boosters) joined near the corners of the front and back edges. These SRBs could be may be tilted for travel and stand up right when in a mining or acting as a stand for the assembly.

Sort of like the scavenger / mining ship from Enemy Mine.

upload_2019-1-28_22-53-32.png

Enemy-Mine.jpg

Of course there's always this mining ship from BSG. Put on another set of landing pads that should work.

800px-Mining_ship.jpg

Any more ideas?

Sky Seeker

Last edited: