Repurposed Coffee Cup

McGee

Cory
Hello once again, all.

I just wanted to take a second to post a few pics of one of the gifts I had made, that came back to me with the Santa House I'm working on.
This is just here, because while it's not necessarily a paper model. it still required utilizing textured and patterened paper, as well as some pretty exacting cutting as well as parts and pieces marriage and eye balling stuff for design....so sort of a parallel rabbit trail to paper modelling.
Plus I just hope it inspires someone to want to make something, incase anyone is trying to think of something to make, a little different.
I re purposed this, changed only a couple elements from the original design. made a couple repairs that I had to fix in lieu of having had to remove some stuff from the original.
The owl alone is 20 different pieces in total all married and stacked. The background is just a red holiday themes sort of patterned sheet, and then the strips of striped blue green paper staggered across that. The Espresso Roast sticker on it from StarBucks I put there to make it look all professionall customy looking. Just for kicks and giggles.

Now going to be a gift for family.
I just couldn't throw all the work away....plus I wasn't mad or bitter enough to want to destroy it.

Attachments

• 100_3578.jpg
    100_3578.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_3580.jpg
    100_3580.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_3585.jpg
    100_3585.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_3586.jpg
    100_3586.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_3582.jpg
    100_3582.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_3587.jpg
    100_3587.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 12

McGee

Cory
The bluish and goldish paper on the owl's stomach actually had a repeating pattern on it, that although cannot be seen here very well, because the scarf covers it, looked alot like a rorchach image of an owl's face.
Albeit a bit scary of an owl face, by the time it was cut down and put in place, it's not quite so discernable..but if the scarf is gone, you can tell.

Rogerio Silva

That's cool enough for me, man! I like it. Not a paper model, as you said it yourself, but still built with some of papercrafting techniques.
Maybe a new "league"?

McGee

Cory
Hey Thank you Rogerio, very much. I'm planning to do another one that's Pink Floyd themed, but using really awesome Psychedelic, early Floyd imagery from the Syd Barrett years.. and a bunch of individually cut pieces all making up the total image. It should be a challenge, but ALOT of fun.