reCAPTCHA Problems

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have built a new computer. Complete reinstall of all browsers, everything. I cannot get "reCAPTCHA" to work on any computer or phone in my house, or anywhere else.

Has anybody else had a problem with this? I forgot the password to "ZZRBIKES", a forum I enjoyed very much, and because of the "reCAPTCHA" issue. I cannot have them send me a temporary password, or contact the forum Admin, as it uses the same system for that. Any help would be highly apreciated. :)

• Angry
Reactions: mijob

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
1645388193734.png

Maybe ......................

;)

OK, kidding aside.

This could be caused by Malware. Please run a virus / malware scan. If this doesn't work:
Use another browser. Deactivate all add-ons. Clear the cache and cookies.
Update Java.
Try a VPN.
Reset the router.

I hope this helps! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I keep Norton running in the background, and sometimes it stops me from doing stupid things, and it comes with a VPN service too... and as Marcel said, reset everything...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Like I stated, a new build, just installed W11 on it, no VPN, Java up to date. The computer is 3 days old The picture box appears, shows the pictures, when I click "send", I get a message saying the server could not verify my request, try later. The computer is literally 3 days old, everything is up to date. The only forum I have visited is this one, I only belong to two. Funny thing, since the other forum uses reCAPTCHA to send notes to the Admin, I can't contact him to tell of my login problem, so they lose another member, and I think that's happening a lot there, and to other forums that use reCAPTCHA. Google controls it, and there is no way to contact them. They give the same advice, but when there's nothing in your cache and you have the VPN off (and it did work before when I had my Norton VPN on) but it's off and has never been on with this computer, it makes no sense. I have Google the sh*t out of this, and get the same answers which don't work, and see in those threads the persons never solved the problem, or it came back shortly after. It's a Google compatibility problem, but Google is too big to admit it, judging from the many people having problems with it. Oh well, that forum lost a very experience motorcycle mechanic, electronics person, and I lost a great group of very knowledgeable people. The forum is https://zzrbikes.com/ a small group of like minded people.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Tried both. With or without VPN, on different sites, same results. I think it's a Windows problem. I truly am at a loss. Lots of people having this problem, lots not? Definitely weird. :)

• Sad
Reactions: Revell-Fan

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I was just about to post the modifications I made to my bike on that forum. I found a text file that has the forum's passwords, but still can't get it. I can't even rejoin or contact the Admin, as the reCAPTCHA problem does not let me through on any level.. If I could have rejoined , I could have stated the problem and I know they would have helped me out. I wonder how many forums that use this "reCAPTCHA" lose members unknowlingly, let's face it, life goes on, and you learn to do without. So freakin' frustrating!!!:headbange::headbange:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
So I go to the pirate site that everyone knows about, if you don't know, don't ask me. The reCAPTCHA works perfectly for "Deposit Files' and I get the model So it works in Deposit Files", but not the U.S.? This kind of inconsistency is ridiculous. :realmad: