RAWEN's Star Wars kit question; Correlian Corvette / Blockade Runner

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Hey folks!

I was perusing my kit folders and I was noticing how many nice 1/250 scale Star Wars kits that Rawen produced. They are real nice and very clean, simple builds.

I seem to recall a thread where a Correlian Corvette / Blockade Runner, the ship that first appeared in Star Wars, was also made by RAWEN. I found the Star Destroyer [in a different scale, of course] but not the 1/250 transport that tried to ferry a Princess away for a Dark Lord.

It would be pretty cool tom build all of the RAWEN kits in a diorama. Does anyone know where this link was or have that kit.made by RAWEN?

Thanks in advance!

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Thanks!

I remember reading about the RAWEN Corvette project a while ago but don't see the thread on this forum.

Anyone have a copy of it?

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Maybe this link can help you.

You can contact Rawen and ask the templates if he is still active.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Or this one

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Thanks!

If I get a reply from him, I'll share what he send with whomever is interested.

It been a few years, but I think I recall reading that, at that scale of 1/250. the kit would be 18-22" long.

I wish I had not lost track of the project!

Thanks for all your tips on how to reach him.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I sent him a message and am awaiting a reply.

I'm working on one of his kits; The Emperor Arrives. I had an idea of adding a hinge to the shuttle to permit the movement of the wings.

Last edited:

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Hey fellas!

Just letting you know that I heard back from Rawen. Got to thank him for his many works.using it as
He shared that the project is still on the planning dock but hasn't moved forward. He said he was interested in pursuing it.

He does plan it to be 1/250 scale, in line with his other Star Wars ship sets he created.

If I hear more I'll let you know.

I did a little experimentation on another kit over the last week. It's a box kit, captured from a game graphic. I built it and then have been experimenting with layering and modifications. I don't plan to complete it as much as I'm using it as a test body for techniques to enhance other kits I build in the future. The experimentation has been marginally successful, but I'm hoping I learn something from the journey, since the destination isn't the goal!