Raketoplán (Space shuttle) Endeavour STS-49 / ABC 1:100 / L. Badalec

wedge

Hello my friends.

It has been a very long time since I have posted build thread here. Anyeay I am back and I decided to build the Space Shuttle Endeavour from the ABC magazine. It is very accurate and enjoyable. To make it a little bit more realistic, I choose to make it plastic by cutting all the thermal protection elements separately. Maybe not all of them, but a lot of them :)

I am also using different type and nuance of the paper for different places and Thermal protection sections

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
WOW!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise:
Cutting and placing each thermo-tile on this model is mind-blowingly meticulous! I thought that I took models to whole new levels! This one has set the bar so high, that it is now (excuse the pun) in the stratosphere. I am really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

Marman

Hello my friends.

It has been a very long time since I have posted build thread here. Anyeay I am back and I decided to build the Space Shuttle Endeavour from the ABC magazine. It is very accurate and enjoyable. To make it a little bit more realistic, I choose to make it plastic by cutting all the thermal protection elements separately. Maybe not all of them, but a lot of them :)

I am also using different type and nuance of the paper for different places and Thermal protection sections

And I thought I was patient. That is serious dedication. I can’t wait to see it when you’re done.

wedge

Hello my old friends, glad to be back :)
Thank you all for the support and kind words...

A little progress here. You can guess what STS i am heading for, since my friend printed out three astronauts :)

Sorry for the picture quality...

I recently visited the Baikonur cosmodrome and i am so full of excitement that I need to recommend to all astronautics fans to do the same :)

you can check my reports here: (no advertisement)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1x01v8.jpg

source: https://i.imgflip.com/1x01v8.jpg

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Great report (and pictures!!) prom Bajkonur jurney. I was surprised, how grippingly you wrote, I am looking forward to the next part

wedge

Hello guys... It has been a while, but I am back after a long break. So, the Endeavour is on the table again and I am slowly proceeding with the heat tiles. I need to make some more recent pictures because these are not the latest ones. So hopefully I will finish the model this time :)

IMG_20230716_104116.jpgIMG_20230716_104336.jpgIMG_20230716_104345.jpgScreenshot_2023-07-16-10-47-53-729_com.miui.gallery.jpgnumber one option, but nothing isreally determined yet..

20230704134221-416433.jpg20220710221057-403323.jpg20230704134206-416430.jpg20220710221054-403322.jpg

IMG_20230716_103813.jpgIMG_20230716_104059.jpg

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
:surprise:WOW!!!:surprise:
That looks AMAZING! The tile work is MIND BLOWING!

Last edited:

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Wow this looks awesome and the tiling makes it even more great. A fine job well done.