Printers

Z

Zathros

I really like my Epson Workforce 1100. It is cheap, and can do 13" x 19" (even longer). The ink is cheap, and I know where you can get O.E.M. ink cheap. It does not have a scanner though. I have a cheap Epson NX415, which uses the same ink cartridges as the Epson 11000. Something to consider. :)

malgan

I really like my Epson Workforce 1100. It is cheap, and can do 13" x 19" (even longer). The ink is cheap, and I know where you can get O.E.M. ink cheap. It does not have a scanner though. I have a cheap Epson NX415, which uses the same ink cartridges as the Epson 11000. Something to consider. :)

I'm looking at getting a printer also and this saves me from starting a new thread. Thanks for your recommendation. How is the printing quality on the Epson?

Also, are there any recommendations from anyone in this forum on printers that do have scanners? I'm entertaining all options :rolleyes:

Z

Zathros

The quality of the Epson is excellent. Same on the $50 dollar Epson NX415, which has a scanner and uses the same cartridges as the Epson Workforce 1100.

daishi

I just bought an Epson Stylus P50 and i really like it so far, much better than that pile of <censored> HP's i used in the past.
There's also cheap ink for it, but im still on the factory cartriges so cant say how good those are.

Z

Zathros

I just bought an Epson Stylus P50 and i really like it so far, much better than that pile of <censored> HP's i used in the past.
There's also cheap ink for it, but im still on the factory cartriges so cant say how good those are.

If you were in the U.S. I would send you to www.inkproducts.com, real Epson ink from the same O.E.M. suppliers, at a fraction of the cost! :)

shoki2000

Another vote for Epson - in my case Stylus Photo R300 with Continous Ink System.
Always look for two things in the printer:
1. Separate certridges for each color (my has six)
2. Straight through paper path.

malgan

Okay, went out and bought an Epson Workforce 845. I'm going to set it up and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't disappoint. The printer seems to have decent feedback and was the easiest to find. :rolleyes:

Z

Zathros

The ink for that printer is Pigment Ink. Don't use any Dye based ink in this printer. www.inkproducts.com has a nice refillable cartridge kit for that printer. Unless you do massive amounts of printing, I would not go with CISS as it is another system to maintain. The ink from this company is made by the same people who make Epson's ink.

This kit which comes with 1 60 ml bottle of each color and a black 60 ml bottle price is only $69.95. I would call them, yes, people you can actually talk too, and get the bigger bottles look at: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store441/product.php?productid=385&cat=85&page=1
and try to get an extra st of cartridges. This is a very efficient set up. Epson determines ink levels by cycles, not by how much ink is actually in the cartridge.

http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store441/product.php?productid=452&cat=115&page=1

If you do this right,you should end up with 1 60 ml bottle of Black, 1 30 Ml's bottle of each color, 2 sets of cartridges, just pop in a full one when it's empty, for around $119. That would last the average user close to two years.

CISS is great, until algae grows in the tubes and the ink, being exposed to the air, develops all sorts of problems. Ask for an "Ink Refill Station" for this printer. That is the best deal going. They will tell you what to write down, and you will write that information when you place the order at their website.

These people are great, in America, with products that are made in America. :)

malgan

Thanks for such a speedy and informative reply! I am a little confused though because the links you included are for 1 kit, which has a set of cartridges and then another link for just the pigments, which total out to 117.99. Unless the "ink refill station" is included and that will give me another set of cartridges?

Either way, I will definitely call them and get me some ink if I decide to stay with this printer. ;)

Z

Zathros

The "Ink refill station", come with two sets of cartridges. Separate syringes for each color, and a cleaning liquid for clogged heads. The cartridges come full, which is really nice. You replace a low or empty cartridge by dropping in a full one, then refiling the other at your convenience. This was the deal I got, FREE Shipping. I love it.