Please pray

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi All

Sorry that this has nothing to do with trains.

If at all you believe in it, please pray for me. Today they asked me to resign at work because they can't afford to keep me there anymore.:cry:

Thanks

jimh

Ouch.

There is a saying though. When one door closes, another one always opens.

I hope you find your open door soon.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
man that sucks,unfotunatley i heard thats all to common in railroads anymore.wish ya the best of luck.--josh

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Try and find comfort in your faith. I think it is awesome that you feel comfortable enough to come to us with such a personal part of your life and ask for help. Most definitely in my prayers.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Thanks guys :)

I worked at a model trainshop. But I'm busy working with a pal of mine to open our own shop.

This is really another family, thanks for your support.

Nomad

My prayers will be with you. Good luck to you and your friend on your new shop opening.

Loren

chooch.42

Sorry to hear of the upheaval in your life, and hoping you turn this adversity to opportunity. You have a long way to go in life, and, unfortunately some advances require a setback at the outset. Make the best of your next chance with your friend, and we'll all be rooting for you!:thumb: Bob C.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Definitely let us know how you fare... :( You'll find something soon enough - just be persistent!! :) We'll pray for you!!!

CCT70

You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers, but someone of your fortitude and graciousness will find an even better job soon, I'm sure.

Let us know how that goes for you and keep your chin up.

myltlpny

I agree with jimh, and many of the other members who've offered similar sentiments.
I've always heard that from bad comes better. And I've found it to be true. Keep your eyes open for opportunities. I'll be rooting for you.:thumb:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I worked at a model trainshop. But I'm busy working with a pal of mine to open our own shop.

My prayer for you then, is this: May your faith hold strong to see you through what will be difficult times, may fortune favor you, that your efforts be rewarded with success, and may those about you have the patience, and understanding, to be able to support, and encourage you in the darker moments, and still be there to celebrate your victories.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Hi All

Thanks for the prayers and wishes! Seems like it's working!!

I'm going for a job interview on Monday. The funny thing is I don't know what it's for- my friend organised it for me as she just started there too, she says it's a secret- so we'll see.

Once again thanks for your prayers, wishes and thoughts. :) :mrgreen:

CCT70

Hi All

Thanks for the prayers and wishes! Seems like it's working!!

I'm going for a job interview on Monday. The funny thing is I don't know what it's for- my friend organised it for me as she just started there too, she says it's a secret- so we'll see.

Once again thanks for your prayers, wishes and thoughts. :) :mrgreen:

GREAT NEWS!!

Here's hoping it's at a Victoria's Secret! :mrgreen:

(Just kidding)

(Kind of... :mrgreen: )

Seriously, Hope it's a great job with plenty of career opportunities. :thumb:

Jim Krause

J: Having been there once in my younger days, I can assure you that there are lot's of opportunities out there. A lot of them better than the position that you are leaving. My best wishes and "hang in there"

Gil Finn

Concider the sparow...

God is alive and well and knows your name from before you were born. He always provides.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Thanks guys, went for an interview last night at 18:30. It was with the owner (inventor?) of a local coffee shop- Mugg & Bean (Quite a large company here in South Africa).

He likes to see people succeed and he phoned one of his franchise to start me out as a waiter. After six months, when, according to him, I should be able to afford a car, he will send me for training as a manager for one of the stores and eventually I will be able to purchase a franchise from him. (Besides trains, I love cooking and I always wanted my own restaurant).

How's this, the friend which he called owns the franchise in Sandton City (An area here where people have got lots of cash), and he says the waiters there normally make about R8000 ($1150) which will be quite an upgrade, I'm going for an interview with him today at 09:00, yesterday he fired two people so he needs new members on staff.

The guy whom I went to last night said this guy is quite the strict one, but I'm not afraid of work, so here goes.