Planters

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I was thinking about using Coca-Cola plastic bottlecaps for planters at the greenhouse I'm working on. If I painted them terra cota, what do you think ???

I've got plenty here at work that I could take home (no recycling system here, so the bottom drawer of my filing cabinet is full of bottles to take home).

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Mike, that sounds like a great idea to me....paint up some and see how they look....also take a look at some caps like are on toothpaste tubes and etc for smaller planters.....:) :) :)

I have a small prototype greenhouse 10X10...just something I hammerd together:eek: :D I'll bet there's a dozen different sizes of planters and pots in there.

If your model is a commerical greenhouse paint a lot of your pots dark green or black to represent the throw away type planters that commerical growers use.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Michael, nice idea that, can you post a photo of the finished Greenhouse.

Shamus
wink.gif

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Those coke bottle lids are handy. I spray paint them silver, turn them upside down and mount them on a short piece of thick dowel...instant heavy industrial roof vents! Planters would be a great idea!
Ralph