Staff member
Administrator
As the great receiver of Lewinsky said, "I feel your pain". :Computer:

833143867-quote-i-feel-your-pain-bill-clinton-220001.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I've let them know. It may take a couple hours, or day, I have no way of knowing. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Pictures uploading busted again. The power that be have been notified, it should be up soon. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ah well, it's Sunday, the sun's shining, let's go out and take some pics outside... and post'em 'morrow..! ;) :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Picture uploading is working.

I want to buy this model, it only cost around $14.00 bucks, but I have no idea what the shipping would be, and what kind of condition it would be in. It's 1/9 scale, that's huge!! I can't understand why this company does have a dedicated U.S.A. warehouse or publishing company. This is just bad business. The scan can already be had!! They're shooting themselves in the foot.

Orlik_001.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I've merged the two threads about pictures not uploading. Let's try to stick to this one. ;)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Picture uploading is working.

I want to buy this model, it only cost around $14.00 bucks, but I have no idea what the shipping would be, and what kind of condition it would be in. It's 1/9 scale, that's huge!! I can't understand why this company does have a dedicated U.S.A. warehouse or publishing company. This is just bad business. The scan can already be had!! They're shooting themselves in the foot.

View attachment 161304

Here's the link for everyone out there that's interested.

http://orlik-models.pl/

That scale is pretty crazy though. I wonder how big it would be in inches / cm?

Sky Seeker
:tank:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I might bite the bullet on this. I can use that engine for an Ekranoplan I designed, and I have wanted to build (and own the real thing) for a long time. This is a modern one too. There's a guy in town who has one, There's actually a drive shat that connects the sidecar wheel to the rear motorcycle wheel, and the model depicts it incredibly well. I think it would be pretty hard to get stuck in one of these. I had a sidecar for 7 years, A Velorex/Kawa sidecar, I still kick myself in the butt for trading it. I did get a massive amount of R/C stuff that the time was when digital proportional radios came in, and this stuff was all new, a few radios, boxes of servos, .5" bore engines, 10" props and two planes ready to fly. Still, all in all, I should have kept that sidecar. I used to ride all year long, snow or ice, the bike wouldn't teeter, might slide, but was always controllable.

The front wheel on my Suzuki went through tires like crazy though. it was from hard braking, they would cup. It's better to have a dedicated rig, you can use square profile tires, better traction too. I could disconnect that side car in less than five minutes, reconnecting was less than 10. You would not believe how many people will jump into a sidecar for a ride.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I might bite the bullet on this. I can use that engine for an Ekranoplan I designed, and I have wanted to build (and own the real thing) for a long time. This is a modern one too. There's a guy in town who has one, There's actually a drive shat that connects the sidecar wheel to the rear motorcycle wheel, and the model depicts it incredibly well. I think it would be pretty hard to get stuck in one of these. I had a sidecar for 7 years, A Velorex/Kawa sidecar, I still kick myself in the butt for trading it. I did get a massive amount of R/C stuff that the time was when digital proportional radios came in, and this stuff was all new, a few radios, boxes of servos, .5" bore engines, 10" props and two planes ready to fly. Still, all in all, I should have kept that sidecar. I used to ride all year long, snow or ice, the bike wouldn't teeter, might slide, but was always controllable.

The front wheel on my Suzuki went through tires like crazy though. it was from hard braking, they would cup. It's better to have a dedicated rig, you can use square profile tires, better traction too. I could disconnect that side car in less than five minutes, reconnecting was less than 10. You would not believe how many people will jump into a sidecar for a ride.
Z - Hey it looks like the pic uploading feature is dead I get the following error "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process." FYI

Sky Seeker