Pics from AMRJ

roryglasgow

We went to the Austin Model Railroad Jamboree in Round Rock, TX last week. Overall, I was kinda disappointed--there wasn't a lot of N-scale stuff there. We went on the layout tour, too. Many of the layouts on the tour were Plywood Centrals. Below are some of the high points...

This first set of photos is from Bob Batson's Cat Mountain RR. He started a new layout a while back, so he hasn't gotten much scenery completed. I was particularly interested in his structures, and his use of regular building kits to construct some nice flats. He put a lot of attention into the details of the buildings.

Attachments

• catmountain1.jpg
    catmountain1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 104

roryglasgow

I really like the Red Wing Milling building kit. He made a nice flat out of it.

Attachments

• catmountain2.jpg
    catmountain2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 98

roryglasgow

Silos. They were running an operating session during the tour. This engine was moving some cars into a siding. Note the star on the top of the building. You see a lot of that sort of thing here in Texas, especially at Christmas.

Attachments

• catmountain3.jpg
    catmountain3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 98

roryglasgow

This was my favorite structure on the layout. The warehouse in the background was a nice touch, too.

Attachments

• catmountain4.jpg
    catmountain4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 94

roryglasgow

This aquarium was really neat. The fish are painted on a film that moves.

Attachments

• tinplate4.jpg
    tinplate4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 92

roryglasgow

We stopped by Chisolm Station, which is a large scale model railroad store located in a plant nursery (901 Sam Bass Road, Round Rock, TX). I got really into talking about garden railroading (my wife and I want to build one), so I didn't take many pictures. I wish I had thought to do so, because they had some really nice models there!

Here is an Amtrak train:

Attachments

• garden1.jpg
    garden1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 89

interurban

Hi Rory, even though you were kinda dissapointed there is still things to see and take note of.
Some good buildings and I like the aminated stuff;)
Thanks for posting.