Photo Fun, for the 1st week of August...

Nice switcher Kurt.

Have I posted these?

nx5.jpg

plebox2.jpg

See more here;http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161861

Biased turkey

Nice shot Kurt, great camera angle. Enjoy the summer ( that's what we do here in Canada because we know that winter will be very looooong ).

Jeffrey , EngineerKyle nice subtle weathering
EngineerKyle, are you using weathering powder for the rust on the hopper car ?

Jacques

L

lester perry

Nice work everyone :thumb:

lester perry: That yellowish light doesn't do justice to your mountain

sometimes I get that sometimes I get an orange tint. Don't know why or how to get rid of it. If someone can make a suggestion you won't hurt my feelings.
I am using a Kodak Easy share 6meg camera.As you have seen in other pics it takes fantastic pics.
Les

Biased turkey

Nope, it's brown tempura powder, the kind the elem. art teacher had a big bottle of that she mixed with H2O to make cheap finger paint.

EK

Thanks for the info EngineerKyle.
I googled "tempura powder" but all I got back was a bazillion links to ... Japanese sushi recipes lol.
Is it like a pigment ? who makes it ?
If it's a pigment it shoild be very interesting to make N scale dirt roads ( mix it with spackling compound )
Jacques

Biased turkey

Nice work everyone :thumb:

lester perry: That yellowish light doesn't do justice to your mountain

sometimes I get that sometimes I get an orange tint. Don't know why or how to get rid of it. If someone can make a suggestion you won't hurt my feelings.
I am using a Kodak Easy share 6meg camera.As you have seen in other pics it takes fantastic pics.
Les

Les,
I think that depending of the kind of light source you'll get some natural looking colors or not ( of course I assume that you are not using the flash ).

You should have some "White Balance" option in the camera menu .
That "White Balance" should allow you to select the kind of light used when taking the picture.

I set mine to "Fluorescent" when taking inside pictures using a regular desktop lamp with a halogen bulb.
You might try using the "Tungsten" setting too.

Jacques

doctorwayne

Jacques is right, Les. Usually, the yellow/orange cast is caused by tungsten lighting, while fluorescent tubes will give everything a greenish hue. Your camera should have settings that will compensate for either.

Wayne

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
HORN HOOKS!? :cry:

Just kidding I wish many times I still had more. I always break the newer ones somehow.

Sure. I still have lots of equipment with them. It's a gradual process of transition to magnetic couplers and I'm lazy. :)
Ralph

N

nachoman

Here is that turnout I was building last week. It is about done now, I just need to cut some electricla gaps, and it is ready to put on the layout.

Kevin

Attachments

• turnout3.jpg
    turnout3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6

jeffrey-wimberl

Just been doing a little mr work today. The rolling stock from my newly acquired Athearn set looked too clean, so I weathered them a bit with alcohol and black acrylic treatment.
P1010077.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010079.jpg

P1010081.jpg

N

nachoman

Kevin, it looks really good, so good in fact I would say you have too much free time:mrgreen:. How about a tutorial in the academy
Charlie

I am writing an article abut handlaying for the nex e-mag. I don't intend on going into too much detail-just some basic tracklaying overview techniques, what I found to work, what doesn't work, what I learned, etc. Reason being is that I am basically using ideas developed by others, and I don't want anyone to confuse them as my own ideas. My turnouts are made using the techniques of Stephen Hatch:

http://www.railwayeng.com/handlay6/hndly-h3.htm

In the case of the 3-rail turnout, the methods are the same, just a whole lot more rails.

Kevin

Triplex

If you are collecting the UP War Bonnet Set as a "collectible" manufacturer error, hoping it will become "valuable" as an oddity some day, once you break the factory seal on the box, it has no "collectible" value.
It's quite normal for a train set to be released in several roadnames, but only one version of the box.

jeffrey-wimberl

If you are collecting the UP War Bonnet Set as a "collectible" manufacturer error, hoping it will become "valuable" as an oddity some day, once you break the factory seal on the box, it has no "collectible" value.
Who said anything about collecting. I buy them to use. I don't give 2 cents about what's on the box other than the manufacturer's name. The rolling stock will be added to what's on my layout and the loco will be repainted for MGRy and added to my fleet of F7's. I believe that's ten of them now.

L

lester perry

All right guys I tried something new, I color corrected some pics. Go back and let me know what you think.
Les