Pepakura viewer printing question

Greetings all! I have just finished building a Wild Cat 'mech (photos and thread coming shortly), and I was thinking of building an appropriately scaled Elemental (armor suited infantry) to go with him. I have a .pdo file for an Elemental, but it would be way too big at 100%. I'd like to reduce it by 60% or so, but I can't figure out how to print it smaller at home. I suppose I could either copy it to disc and have it reduced during printing at a copy place, or I could print it full sized at home and have a reduced copy made from that. I'd rather just print it at home if possible. I can't find any kind of scaling command in my print program (Lexmark Z52). Does the Pepakura viewer have any scaling capability?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Don

Greetings all! I have just finished building a Wild Cat 'mech (photos and thread coming shortly), and I was thinking of building an appropriately scaled Elemental (armor suited infantry) to go with him. I have a .pdo file for an Elemental, but it would be way too big at 100%. I'd like to reduce it by 60% or so, but I can't figure out how to print it smaller at home. I suppose I could either copy it to disc and have it reduced during printing at a copy place, or I could print it full sized at home and have a reduced copy made from that. I'd rather just print it at home if possible. I can't find any kind of scaling command in my print program (Lexmark Z52). Does the Pepakura viewer have any scaling capability?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Don

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
Rockpaperscissor,

Are you still having the printing issue with the Elemental? It's possible that you can set your printer to print "multiple pages per sheet." It's an option in the Printer settings wizard. Keep in mind I'm using XPHome on a PC with an HP printer. Don't know if that matches your sytem or not.

If you could send me the .pdo, I'd be more than happy to reduce it for you and send it back as a PDF. Just tell me how big or small you want it.

Kjev

shiftdel

May 1, 2007
With Pepakura Viewer you cannot resize the model directly, however, you can use the option "Copy Development to Clipboard" at menu File and there you can reduce the model.

You will only need to paste it onto any picture manager program (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.) and work with the parts to fit into the pages you want.

sorry for the delay repsonding, Kjev, and thanks for the further enlightenment you've provided fellas. I've been offline. My home computer suffered some hard drive damage, and I had to run a system restore which pretty much wiped out everything but the basic programs. I'm having problem reconnecting now. I'm writing from my work computer now. I'm working all weekend, but hopefully I can resolve the problem on monday.
Regards,
Don