"PaperLaul's Terminator 2: Hunter Killer Aerial - by DanBKing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Let us start things a little differently, at the beginning of a build thread ....... ;)

I need your help and advice ....... :shamefullyembarrased:

I am looking for a figurine, at around 1/22nd (G) scale, (or that could be scaled,) of a human being, preferably in a stance that could be adapted to perceive a figure doing a running dive or leap....
Something in this manner ...

Untitled.png

Ideally, the figure would have an army or rebel type attire!
I would like to do it in paper, but it would have to have a good poly-count at that scale ( around 3" or 8 cm high.)

I've looked around and haven't seen anything yet, that would suit...... :(

Anyone have any ideas, or websites I could try?
Has someone got something similar on their hard drive ?? :)
Any designers who have got nothing to do ??? :biggrin:

The thread as open to the forum ....... ;)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Just a little up, in the poly-count, and that would work.........;)

I want the; 'Oh, $4|t, time to get the F€ck outta here, real quick,' type of look ........ I need a good 3D face, at least, to make this work......

IMPACT!
It's all about IMPACT!

Imagine your expression, if you had a red hot poker aimed very closely at your butt.......:eek:

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
protagonist-001.jpg
don't be discouraged at the simplicity of this one, you can do addons and layers to make is smooth and such.
tissue paper and typing paper could finish off your model nicely! please keep us informed and good luck!

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Thanks one and all, for the links and ideas. thumbsup

As I mentioned earlier, the figure I require will be approx 1/20 scale when finished, so the figure needs to be relatively well detailed.
Unfortunately, Tiricks figures are too 'simple' and not detailed enough for my needs.

After a bit of searching, I found an old Jules Crafter model from Paper Replika, which is at 1/6th scale and well detailed. I think, when scaled down and with a bit of modification, it will work!
swat_figurine_papercraft_content.jpg

http://paper-replika.com/index.php?...apercraft-16&catid=142:figurine&Itemid=207693

But, anyway, the figure is only required at the end of the main build as part of the diorama/display base.
I will get back to that later on. ;)

Over the next day or so, I will begin posting the start of the main part of this build thread.

Stay tuned folks. The 'glint on the horizon' will soon become a 'shiny flash in your face....' :cool::)

Last edited:

DanBKing

Dan the Man
"Shine on you crazy diamond ........." ~ Pink Floyd :)

So, it seems as though you wish to be enlightened......
Grab your dark glasses, mate, because you won't want to get 'arc-eyes!':cool:
And this ain't no flash in the pan.......
And btw: The light at the end of the tunnel, is a train!!!

But, ok, here's a hint then .........

DSC_0088.JPG

;)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
And there was me thinking "There's a light... over at the Frankenstein place" - Rocky Horror Picture show...:)

Something to do with WW2 or the Great Escape?

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Nope ............. :)

"I see you tremble with antici..............................................................pation." ~ Rocky Horror Picture Show...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.