Oh My! Did I do it wrong again?

OilyBoatshaper

Aug 11, 2021
Hmmm; This is a "What a revoltin development,this is" moment as Riley used to say on the "Life of Riley" That was before a lot of folks time. But, William Bendix could give that phrase life with his facial maneuvering! He played a lot of Navy guys in W.W.2 Movies. I saw many like him when on duty of a " Tin Can" during the Early years of Nam. Yes, I served proudly. I also did a Lateral Transfer to the Corps as well.
That took care of money for higher education. I was a Practicing Engineer for to many years for me. Consulting and Oil Spill work kept me in the field. That's where the job is done for sure! I also took a Hiatus to go to higher wages by using my maritime documents to captain for a well known Oil Shipper/Producer. Seven years at that. That's where my love of ships shows. There's no wrong way to build them , Tankers that is! So, I do them in paper, plastic and sometimes wood too! Hopefully You'll get to see pics.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Welcome aboard at zealot, thats a nice introduction thank your for that. Im looking forward to see your building pictures. And if you have sny questions please let us know. There is always someone who can answer ut. Again welcome and have fun here.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things paper & cardstock, as well as model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.

Thank you for service and sharing a bit of your history. I can see where your love of ships come from.

When you start a new project, I would like to invite you to post build threads of your projects. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as to highlight problem areas that you may need help with or show how you were able to solve said problem.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for posting such a nice introduction.

Have fun and enjoy! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I'll add my Welcome Aboard, as well

Former sailor myself, CGs for me and a few FFs... My son is an STG onboard DDG-83, USS Howard, and my daughter in law is an STG on LCSs. We cover all types of modeling here, now, not just paper, so I hope you'll feel right at home.

My son is in this video released by the USN.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My son is at his station at 58 seconds.

Last edited: