October 03 Photo Contest -Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Any Model Railroading photo of your choice. It must be YOUR own model railroad, please do not use photos from someone else's work.

Same rules as always, only reply to entries.

No questions please, if you need advice, post a new subject please.

Contest will run for 21 days from today

Shamus

Mellow-Mike

Oct 1, 2003
Inland Northwest
home.earthlink.net
Guess I better enter this while I am still officially the owner (and artist). Unfortunately it's up for sale this week. Sorry about the cheesy foreground detracting from the overall realism. It's HO scale, by the way.

CNW718213_A.jpg

Mike

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Here's my entry, in keeping with the first shot from Mike - the first (and so far only) loco that I've weathered. The year is 1954 and this old switcher is about 8 months away from passing forever into history.

cheers
Val

Attachments

• loco.jpg
    loco.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 585

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Mike & Val,
Great photos, great models, & fantastic weathering!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Here's my entry...
The R&L Wrecking Co's little plymouth switcher is busy working the scrapyard & foundry.

Attachments

• plymouth1.jpg
    plymouth1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 540

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Good entries so far folks. Going to be another tough one to judge.
This old hard working MAT gp40 loco is switching at the J.Brown coal mine. The loco is certainly due for a re-paint in the new MAT colours

Attachments

• jbsw1.jpg
    jbsw1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 510
SP LIVES!!!!!

well, even though i dont stand a chance next to Mellow-Mike, i'll enter one anyway.

:D :D :D :D :D

here is a shot of a Southern Pacific SD40M-2 that i custom painted and detailed crossing the small trestle over the dry creekbed on the photo module that i built.

Attachments

• sd40m-2 crossing bridge.jpg
    sd40m-2 crossing bridge.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 514

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
A local plastic bottle manufacturer is recieving a car of plastic pellets. In a couple of hours the car will be emptied into the one of the two silos.
Hmmm....The paint job on that blue car looks awfully familiar.......

Attachments

• delivery.jpg
    delivery.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 468

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Two EMD switchers at the point of a short cut of freight cars are roaring up the hill towards Trim Creek Yard. (A picture out of the Trim Creek Southern RR archives ;) )

Attachments

• tcs way freight.jpg
    tcs way freight.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 384

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
This is the completed 1:48 scale model of my grandfathers's blacksmith shop in Turin, Ioway. I posted less finished shots in the scratch and bash forum. If you saw that thread, you know this is my fathers birthday gift, so we have another fleeting entry; Saturday it will be his. Scratch built, and the wood was cut by me. Plans for this building are available in the academy.

Attachments

• finished3-4ts.jpg
    finished3-4ts.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 382

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Wow. Lots of great photos here. We could put ogether our own "Great Model Railroads" mag. I guess we have, haven't we? Heres my contribution, a couple of crew members chat before departing on their respective assignments.

Attachments

• p1010348jpg.jpg
    p1010348jpg.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 377

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Jon, my hat's off to you on that blacksmith shop! What a great gift!

Below is a picture I posted before in the N/Z forum. I'm using this photo on a flyer that I'm hanging up around town asking for people who are intrested in starting an N-scale model railroad club in Huntsville.

Copper Ridge Railway Consolidation (No. 3) crossing the bridge on the West Hill RR in my office:

Attachments

• crry no. 3.jpg
    crry no. 3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 329
Status
Not open for further replies.