Ns Sd40 3170 Layout Door

Scott Teague

Nov 14, 2003
Granite Falls, NC
Visit site
Here is the door going into my NS layout room.

Scott

front5.JPG

front7.JPG

front6.JPG

pomperaugrr

May 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Scott:

That is a great entrance to the layout room! The photo in GMR didn't do it justice. I love the view through the cab windows! That is a great detail. Thanks for sharing your work.

Eric

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Scott,
I missed this thread until now. I saw your layout featured in GMR 2004. Your work looks great and there were lots of pics. congratulations. I'm glad you posted more pics of the door. I was curious about it after reading the article.
Very cool!!!!
Ralph

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Door

Scott,

I read your article in GMR........great stuff and beautiful pictures. Your door is really something - excellent workmanship and it certainly does convey an entrance to your "Wonderland".

I was going to copy your idea but my layout is all steam and my wife won't let me put a boiler and cab in the hallway to my train room. :thumb:

Scott Teague

Nov 14, 2003
Granite Falls, NC
Visit site
Re: Door

Originally posted by Cinnibar
Scott,

I read your article in GMR........great stuff and beautiful pictures. Your door is really something - excellent workmanship and it certainly does convey an entrance to your "Wonderland".

I was going to copy your idea but my layout is all steam and my wife won't let me put a boiler and cab in the hallway to my train room. :thumb:

Hey Cinnibar I was born in El paso, TX.

Scott

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
The Great Southwest

Scott,

We had the doors and windows open today. I'm a Chicago boy but have lived in El Paso for 14 years - love it. If you haven't been back I bet you would hardly recognize the place.

Fifer,

Were you at the last GATS show in El Paso?