Not scratch built but well detailed

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
My Gauge

To all,

The structures I model are in HO. I just quickly snapped that shot of the Woodland Scenics Otis Coal Co. last Sunday before I went to work. I have a nice J.L. Inovative Design I want to show you, and one from BTS. The BTS kit turned out really nice but the instructions were really bad and I even found mistakes in them. But we kit bashed our way through it ;)

Drew

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Nice looking scene, Drew!

Who is BTS? I put together an N-scale Walthers kit a couple of months ago (University Avenue Shops), and was surprised to see how poorly the pieces were molded. They appeared to have filled in the molds from the "front" side of the pieces, leaving those little circles in plain view. With some very tedious cutting and sanding, I was able to remove some of them. Also, there were a number of "errors" in the brickwork...like little bits of plastic that fell inbetween the bricks. I never figured out an effective means of removing those... From a distance the structures look fine, but you can still see some of the blemishes on close examination.

Your little people bring the scene alive. I need some people (and cows) for my layout! :)

-Rory

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I also want to know what the guy on the tractor is waiting for. He looks impatient...

I imagine that until the clothes are dry, that we won't be seeing too many folks running around outside on Woodie's layout. :)

-Rory

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Here 'tis! Ain't got round to the "ladies unmentionables" yet. I don't have any prototypes to work from! (unless I go nickin' knickers!) :eek:

Attachments

• s315housewashing.jpg
    s315housewashing.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 110

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Tractor Man!

Well, it's a bit out of focus, (because I just hand held the camera) but the Tractor driver is waiting for the two labours on the ground who are consuming a beverage!! Must be hard work or some thing!

Originally posted by roryglasgow
I also want to know what the guy on the tractor is waiting for. He looks impatient...

-Rory
;)