Not a good Summer

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Hi all
This hasn't been a very good year for me.
I came down with pnuemonia followed by shingles and somewhere in there Robins passing. Last Monday my son in law suddenly collapsed on the job. CPR was performed, then
the medics tride to zap him and that didn't work. My daughter took it real hard. We had the memorial this morning and the room was packed with about 100 people. He was just 61 and he and my daughter were married for 28 years.
Checking the obituarys in the paper i noticed that most of the people passing was between 65 and 90. I guess I can thank the Lord that I am still here at 73 and my wife at 70 and been married for 53 years.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Sorry to hear the sad news about your son inlaw. My sympathies go to your family. It sounds like a hard season. I wish you a peaceful rest of the year.
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Wow Dick, sorry to hear about these things, you have our condolences and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. It's good that you're on the mend though, so hang in there.

screen

Aug 18, 2005
Sterling, Illinois
I pray for you and your family - At 57 I read that page of the paper too - I am amazed how many under 60 I see there - I guess we all can thank our lucky stars we arn't a name on that page - I don't know how close you two were but my son-in-law and I are best friends and I sit here and think of all the great times we have and realize that we have memories!

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
the summer you have had I would not wish on anyone, I hope that next summer will be filled with nothing but happyness and joy, and will wash the memories of this one far to the back of you mind, until then may god ride on your shoulder by day, and rest on your pillow by night... stay well Dick. and have a good one..steve

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Drew, Steve, and Ken
Thanks for your words of comfort.
My Daughters Husbands family have been giving my daughter a bad time but her son,(my grandson, 27years old) told them he is taking charge and to lay off. If not they will have to answere to him.
How is that for a son?

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Clerk said:
My Daughters Husbands family have been giving my daughter a bad time but her son,(my grandson, 27years old) told them he is taking charge and to lay off. If not they will have to answere to him.
How is that for a son?

Stand back, backs to the wall, the Feathers will fly.where a boys mother is concerned: DONT PI**** HIM OFF....GOOD FOR HIM....steve

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
I might as weil add this to a bad summer and run it into winter
About noon today I rushed my wife to the doctors office. The Dr. admitted her to the hospital with a mild stroke on the right side.
It is mild and we are praying for a complete recovery.
I am so tired now I am going to bed. GOOD NIGHT ALL AND THANKS

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Now and then there are such bad times, and everything in the world seems to be against us. Like a wise man said: When you are completely down - the good thing is that every way you go always leads upward.

In this sense I hope that you're able to keep some optimism for the future. And for your wife my best wishes for a fast and complete recovery. My thoughts of comfort are with you, your wife and daughter.

Ron

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
RailRon said:
Now and then there are such bad times, and everything in the world seems to be against us. Like a wise man said: When you are completely down - the good thing is that every way you go always leads upward.

In this sense I hope that you're able to keep some optimism for the future. And for your wife my best wishes for a fast and complete recovery. My thoughts of comfort are with you, your wife and daughter.

Ron

Yes I agree Ron, as I think in some measure we have all had our backs to the wall.

Take one day at a time Dick.
Praying for you and Sandy.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Son-of-a-gun Dick, when it rains, it pours for you, doesn't it? We wish the best for your wife, and let's hope they're right and they caught it quickly enough. Tell her that everyone here is pulling for her.