New Truck and it's a...

adventure girl

ADVENTURE DOCUMENTED!!
Fresh from the local hobby store and up for some torture is the Vaterra Ascender, modelled from the 1972 Ford Bronco.
Back In the 1960’s this early edition Bronco was designed to compete with the Jeep CJ. Being Fords first S.U.V. a long future of the bronco ensued. Its pretty cool that the creator was the same man that designed the mustang Donald N.Frey.

This RC has an option to change out the wheel base to 4 different lengths on its steel later frame chassis. The truck has a Spektrum DX2E 2-Channel transmitter, a 540 brushed motor from Horizon hobby. 4.5 in (115mm) Licensed Super Swamper TSL SX tires, heavy duty CV’s, 45 degree turn angles and metal geared transmission. Weighing in at 4lbs Vaterrra boasts a 4-link suspension, oil filled shocks with a one inch differential clearance and standing a wopping 9 inches tall. Well driving it today the speed is not going to surprise you that its slow but at least its walking speed. She crawls very well but could use some weight on the nose to keep it planted. The super tall rig is waterproofed out of the box, although I'm not too sure to what level of “water proofed” it is. Its nice to see companies doing at least half the work when it comes to proper water proofing, non the less the truck drove pretty good. As for me, that bodies gotta go (too big and tall) and basically well more metal and more power!!! Thanks for watching & until next time...

Please help us grow by sharing, commenting, sending us feedback or hitting the like button on our clips & spreading the love!! Thank-you!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That is the same truck that was the "Apple of my Eye", in one of the last videos you posted. It is a beauty, for sure!! :)

adventure girl

ADVENTURE DOCUMENTED!!
Thank you! And please comment on the YouTube page too and my boyfriend can comment too!
Thanks for the subscribe and can't wait for boating season!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I have a two fot long Sailboat I ave been drying tog et the gumption up to build. The R/C winch is the expensive part. Kep these videos coming, they are great. Some of the slow motion shots make the trucks look real. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
My son says the same thing, till I ask him to help!! Teen angst! ;)