new project Stormraven from Newobmij

Aeglos

Oct 10, 2012
That's Great ! A stormraven here in Italy cost 65 € and a plasticard page cost only 2€ :D

terrinecold

Apr 15, 2012
And this one is in paper (not plasticard) which is cheaper. But to be honest that is not the motivation as the number of hours to build it is quite different. The real motivation for choosing a paper one other the plastic kit is that I am having a lot of fun building it

SirGavvin

Mar 26, 2013
Denton, TX
That looks really nice! I have been wanting to try to build a Stormraven, but I cannot find any files for it except the Patoroch one. As a relative newbie to card modelling, I thought I would hold off on that until I got a bit more experience.

kbkline

May 4, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Well, I would suggest cutting it apart, and never use tabs. Use separate folded strips. You won't get that kind of seams. They are holes. On the other hand, you could look at it as a learning experience, but your not that far into it, so you could just fix it now, or make a mental note for the next time! :)

Thanks for this advice! I'm a complete newbie and I was making the Space-X Dragon and the rocket was stumping me because it's cuts to a specific fit with no tabs. Seeing as how I'm new at this I'm not at ease with doing exact match tubes at this point in time. Using strips I'm sure will solve the issues I'm having! Now I just need to get off of work and go home and try it :)

terrinecold

Apr 15, 2012
That looks really nice! I have been wanting to try to build a Stormraven, but I cannot find any files for it except the Patoroch one. As a relative newbie to card modelling, I thought I would hold off on that until I got a bit more experience.

5mn with google and I found that one. Just look for newobmij stormraven and concentrate on 4chn archive sites