new modules

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Been a while since I was last here, been a bit busy.
Got a ton of work done on my new module set, here's some pic's.

Attachments

• modules, backboard 025.jpg
    modules, backboard 025.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 34
  • modules, backboard 026.jpg
    modules, backboard 026.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 31
  • modules, backboard 027.jpg
    modules, backboard 027.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 33

NW611

Jul 29, 2013
Great work, Sumpter! Your harbor scenes look awesome! I don't think I have ever seen such good looking boats and water on a model railroad module.

I just found this site and have been reading through a bunch of old threads. Unfortunately, I am noticing not too many posts lately - this is the first post on this forum in over a year! I hope you stick around and post more of your work, despite the low participation.

gbwdude

General Manager, W.R.Ry.
Jun 14, 2010
Omro, WI
www.facebook.com
Sumpter,

I saw your work over at the Big Blue forum and I liked those progress shots. I do like how it turned out, if it were possible to incorporate a horbor scene into the Whiskey River Railway I'd do it. The WRRy is kind of landlocked though, with only it's namesake river (which is moreso a dried up creek) as the only body of water it gets close to.

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
Beautiful work, Like my buddy gbwdude, my RR is a long way from the ocean, I have been working over the last seven or eight years to make the river in Harlow , TN (as of yet not named, and most certainly not the Crooked Creek of my RR bears in it's name) is navagatable. So far I have cobbled up a single paddlewheel steamer, and I have some plans for some coal and log barges . I am rebuilding my Harlow area, and hop to have tracks by the riverbank for moving cargo from Riverboat to train.

I really like the way you have lowered the sea level from the module, In the dark ages when our club was a modular club, the scenery at grade of the standard modules bothered Dr Tom and I so we built two modules designed to go together, that were a good three inches above the scenery, so we could have a creek. good work, thanks for sharing in this forum, which doesn't have as much contributions as I'd like.

Bill Nelson

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
One of the most superb dioramas I have seen. Having been an avid sailor, trains and sailboats together! What else can one ask for! :)