Need rivets?

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Wow thats a great find and a bug libary. One thing is for sure I have to work with textures in my models to it gives them more live.

Reactions: OldMiner

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
I’m laughing at that picture above… look at the lines of rivets above the arrow. They aren’t straight or even, and this is an aircraft! Let the rivet counters look. :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: micahrogers

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
It's surprising how few actual objects have straight lines of rivets. And from the look of it, the "Rescue" arrow points toward the access door, and as such would not be straight with the panels, or level with the ground.

Reactions: OldMiner

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
If people look at real planes, and ships, and everyting else, to capture the nuances of the reality of how these things look would make them works of art.I've seen destroyers made down south, come up to Connecticut, and you can see the hull plates warped, and vice versa. People look at panels on aircraft, and many don't realize the one in front overlaps the one in back. Otherwise you'd have to have 2 tows of rivets, and forget about sealing the seams. On a lot of Military Aircraft, they tape on a template and just spray the colors and lettering on. It's not like some professional sign painter is hired. :)