N Gauger's Party Entry Winter 07

Pooh Bah
Mikey, can't you cover up that exposed subroadbed a bit better than that? :rolleyes: I can even see the joint in the wood!
And drill a hole down through the ballast to conceal that feeder wire.

Gary S.

Wow, that will be a challenge with all the intricate detail. And agreed, David's comments made me smile.:mrgreen:

ezdays

Out AZ way
An ambitious project. You gunna go with O scale, or are you going to try to make it a real challenge and go with "N" or "Z"?sign1 sign1

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
An ambitious project. You gunna go with O scale, or are you going to try to make it a real challenge and go with "N" or "Z"?sign1 sign1

It's gonna be 1:20.3 F :) :) about 12" long :eek::eek::eek: 4 - 1/4" wide and if i'm lucky - it'll be wood fired steam (not live steam - still electric).... if not - I'll make it diesel heheheheh

I plan to spend 20 hours between, designing it, planning it and building it....
I might be "nice" and actually post "pre-production' hand drawn blueprints for this one :D :D

N Gauger

I've started it...... I took a "motor" from a LGB starter set switcher. Then I cut down the width so I can support the "decking" for the support frame.

Using the "4" part (lead truck) of a 4-4-0 I now have the support I need for the generator housing in the front.

I cut out the wood and will be visiting my friend over the weekend who has a drill press :) As soon as I get the "base" assembled, I'll start posting pictures. :D

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Cool machine, another thing that will set your layout out from anyone elses, can't wait to see results!

N Gauger

Well - Here are the first :) 2 pics.... They show the base of what will be the frame. This will all be an off color Safety Yellow (Green) when you see it next :)

Attachments

• Party1A.jpg
    Party1A.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 20
  • ebay1021 009a.jpg
    ebay1021 009a.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 31

N Gauger

Got some more work done and a bit of painting too :D

Attachments

• Kitbash 001.jpg
    Kitbash 001.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 29
  • Kitbash 002.jpg
    Kitbash 002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Kitbash 003.jpg
    Kitbash 003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 25

Tileguy

Turn my back for a month or 2 and look what you go and get yourownself into.......:) <---scratches head trying to figure out where this one fits in on a g scale logging (sorta) Layout

AH, I know, your going to get lap times on the around the cieling track...OK I'm with ya now!! :sign1:

shamus

Registered Member
Hey Mikey,

Thats a grand job you are doing on that spiker, if its going to work, keep fingers awaysign1

Shamus

N Gauger

sign1sign1sign1

Thanks Guys!!! Yeah TG I'm trying to justify why the LPB's need it too... :D I like the idea of "Laps around the ceiling" :) :) I might have to take the U-Boat off and try that :eek::eek::eek::eek: sign1

N Gauger

And a few more..

Only 15 days left :eek::eek::eek:

I added the roof - finally.. :D and the cowcatcher.. and some more tubing and piping...

Even thought to add a "Golden" spike in the chute... (the camera couldn't "see" the steel one)

Attachments

• 1231072018.jpg
    1231072018.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 1231072017.jpg
    1231072017.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 66