My new PDF printing question..

Jadriancz

When printing a page even tho the color is black it is printing the pattern very light. I have also tried printing as an image. I also printed as image to a file then opened that file in Gimp and Paint trying to figure how to get the pattern darker but so far no luck.
Any tips or tricks appreciated..

Here is the page I am having issues with..

file-page7.jpg

blake7

That page/template has light gray lines. If you want the lines to be black, then I suggest using PD Fill to extract the pages/templates from the PDF, and open that page/template in a paint program, and retrace the lines in black color. Make sure to save it as a PNG file. Make sure that when you extract the pages/templates using PD Fill that you set it at 300 dpi. You could download my tutorial, which covers using PD Fill, plus re sizing paper models using MS Paint. There is a link to the PD Fill program in the tutorial. It is a free program.

http://zealot.com/threads/re-sizing-paper-models-in-ms-paint.178515/

Maybe there is another way, but I don't know it. Hope this helps.

Jadriancz

That page/template has light gray lines. If you want the lines to be black, then I suggest using PD Fill to extract the pages/templates from the PDF, and open that page/template in a paint program, and retrace the lines in black color. Make sure to save it as a PNG file. Make sure that when you extract the pages/templates using PD Fill that you set it at 300 dpi. You could download my tutorial, which covers using PD Fill, plus re sizing paper models using MS Paint. There is a link to the PD Fill program in the tutorial. It is a free program.

http://zealot.com/threads/re-sizing-paper-models-in-ms-paint.178515/

Maybe there is another way, but I don't know it. Hope this helps.

Thanks will definitely give it a try.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you use Gimp you may use the "select by colour" tool to select all grey lines at once and then bucket-fill the selection with black. ;)

blake7

I already had the templates separated from the PDF because of the recolors Revell Fan, and I are doing. So here is what I did this morning. If you want it PM me your e-mail address, and I will send it to you.

2016-05-28_0903.png

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe Revell-Fan wouldn't mind if you uploaded it?