My Jupiter 2 is almost ready to fly!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
A few days ago he celebrated his 88th birthday. One of the icons in motion picture history. He was nominated for an Academy Award this year for "Star Wars IX" but did not win. It's fascinating to see how and where he started his career. However, despite the fact that LiS was "only" a TV show he made at the beginning of his career you can clearly hear the Williams style: flashy like most 60s themes (just think of "Batman" and "The Munsters") but even more engaging, exciting and awe-inspiring. He also made the theme for Spielberg's "Amazing Stories", the first TV show broadcast in stereo.

Reactions: micahrogers

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
I just had a mandela effect moment. I could sware I remember reading he died last year. But you are right. I looked it up he is still among the living.
Great talent!

Reactions: micahrogers

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
With my bad back, I'm happy to see you're making the cradle. It will be easier for me to play, um,....er,...........look at. :)

Reactions: lyter1958

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
LOL!!! It will only be the cradle for now. The support towers are a bit to much to chew on for the time being.

The flight controls are built up and the ladder wall too. Next will be the elevator, flight seats, and freeze tubes. I'm leave the astrogator build for last LOL.
I'll get some updates and pictures out ASAP. I have church tonight and homeless kitchen duties tomorrow. I promise to get some progress Friday and thru the weekend.

Be careful with that back!

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
I am just paying my fair share by helping those less fortunate than me. I make it a point of working there every Thursday afternoon. I'm not allowed to go on the street and help with the distribution anymore. I ran out of plates one time and went to McDonalds. I handed out meat cookies till the leader of our group got upset and told me our permit did not allow for that. I could not believe that Tampa would make such a law, but to keep the peace I just cook now lol. I know that we all are just a step away from being in need. We as modern humans have had a good run and I hope it continues but......

Have a great day folks and stand by for more goodies soon.

Reactions: lyter1958

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
McDonald's throws away all the unsold food. They don't even donate it to the local homeless or food banks. Sure, they have "McDonald House' for big publicity, but considering that they, and other chains, throw out so much food, that would be a blessing to someone who is hungry, it's really a sin (to be without).

On the other hand, there are many chains and restaurants that have designated people to drive any left overs to selected shelters, and to them, they do the best. I now of a small place that has high volume, and they delivery stuff every day to the local shelter the next town over. My asshole town doesn't allow such facilities.

It's great to cook though. I'm a good cook, my Mom taught me all the Carrribean dishes, and I can also cook a lot of Indian Dishes, among other types. I make one heck of a Beef Stew, Shepard's Pie, and Chicken Pot pie, that I was told was marketable. Problem is I follow my nose, and use very few recipes.

We wrote down 100's of my Mom's best dishes, weighing and measuring every item as she prepared these various dishes. Each member of the family has a copy. It's sacred to us. Mom is now 97, and still pretty sharp.

Every time I see someone who is not doing well I think, "There go I except for the grace of God"................... I remember that from a book I read. :bowdown:

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
I have read that book too. I live by this verse as much as I possibly can:

"If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday"

Have a great night!

Reactions: zathros

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
The beta build went great for the controls. Ill get pictures out Saturday. I think You will like it. Also thanks again for the launch cradle drawing!

Have a great day!

Reactions: Revell-Fan

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
See attached for a B9 tease. I'm gonna scale him for the J2 after the J2 is finished. I started this re-mod and re-paint 8 years ago, (I stopped before I finished the Power Pack Details on the Torso). Looks like I will have to finish it and the chariot now for the whole set LOL.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
More Build pictures will be available tomorrow. The Launch Cradle, B9, and Chariot will be the next projects. I want to do the full set before I move on to another project. Been thinking about Voyage to the bottom of the sea set too. The Seaview with a command deck and missile room would be really cool!

Irwin Allen was one of my heroes!