My Jupiter 2 is almost ready to fly!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Huh? What? A new J2??? By the DUKE???? OHHHH!! MUST SEE!!!!!!! MUST SEE!!!!

:King::King::King:

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
I'll post in the morning. It's beta but almost ready for prime time. Full interior for the upper deck. The lower deck will not fit to scale. I may do it at a reduced scale in the future. The stage sets and filming miniatures did not match as is well documented. I'm back up and ready to work again. Hope to have more out soon.

Fly Safe!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
I'll post in the morning. It's beta but almost ready for prime time. Full interior for the upper deck. The lower deck will not fit to scale. I may do it at a reduced scale in the future. The stage sets and filming miniatures did not match as is well documented. I'm back up and ready to work again. Hope to have more out soon.

Fly Safe!
Thank you! I look forward to seeing it!!!
The sad thing is, most interiors for ships like this NEVER match what the ship is suppose to look like. Which has frustrated model builders of decades!

Reactions: zathros

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
It would be great to have THE ultimate J2 papercraft after so many years. I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

Reactions: zathros

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
I still love the Jupiter 2, who doesn't who grew up in that era. I wouldn't mind a saucer like that up in the woods or just about anywhere, to live in. It would be big enough for me, and if it flew, well, I wouldn't be here now!! :)

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
It was envisioned as the ultimate R.V. for a million year picnic. I have sent the beta files to Space Agent. I don't know how to post them here so I ask him to do it. The parts are not completely numbered. Also the key floor plan and exterior profile elevation are not numbered to show part placement yet. I plan on doing that as i beta build and check fitment. I have been posting progress of it over on the other forum and thought it would be good to show folks who might not monitor both sites. I know that some things have changed in the community during my sabbatical but I still love you all equally and just want to re-assimilate to the community as a whole. I did not know Space Agent was gone from the other site until I tried to message him. I will post further updates on this and future projects here too. Sorry for the lack of cross communication

Thanks and Enjoy.

Duke Out!

Reactions: lyter1958

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Just tried to publish the zip file in misc section. It is awaiting approval. If I screwed up Space Agent will have it under control I hope.

Sorry for acting like a newbie.

Stop apologizing!! We are so happy to have you here!!!! :)

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
Thanks. It's your house so I want to be polite. Hope you like the J2 so far. I'll have beta pictures up after the weekend. My next project maybe Baby Yoda in his hover cradle or a detailed Lost in space chariot. I'll get back to real space soon but for now just having some fun. I have 8 years of projects that I can pull up and finish too that no one has seen. I'll let everyone know whats next after Jupiter build and publish. Mike V. said he will finish up the Jupiter 2 Instructions after I get him build pictures like he used to do. The gang is getting back together so lock up your wives and pets lol!

Duke Out!

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Actually, it's "our" house. This forum is member driven, and it is the way it is because the members here wanted it this way. We asked, they answered. We have the cream of the crop here, in designers, members, lurkers, we have the best. I don't actually ever recall anyone having any problem that wasn't technical in nature. This forum is child friendly, so parents don't have to worry about their kids looking over their shoulder, they have them sit on their leg and look right along together. That's why I am so happy your back. It's like a corny episode of "The Waltons", yeah, you know what's coming, but you watch it anyways, it jerks a tear, and you remember how good that show was. Problems we did have came from the outside, a bad DNS attack, for instance, but all that stuff is behind us. ;)

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
Feb 14, 2006
Last night I found a issue with the overhead soffit. It fits fine but the underside will need to be painted too. I will correct this with more pieces to laminate below. By laminating them below it should hide the seams since they will be hidden at the wall top plate connections. Also Space Agent has a idea on the landing gear that should stiffen it up more than the way I designed it. I will incorporate that idea in before I do a build of them this weekend. I still plan on getting some build pictures out by Monday so standby.

Be safe out there!

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 11, 2013
pheonix
Well, it is just an option on the gear, really , you all know me, I'm knit picker when it comes to star trek and lost in space stuff. In my previous builds I have found that unless reinforced with wire, the step gaps on the side of the jupiter2 gear makes it bend and even wrinkle. by the way I found this magnification of sand, its like a whole new world!
83551551_10157508800853347_7444967182141751296_o.jpg