My Desktop Layout

jesso

Hello all!
I decided to quit lurking and post something here. Ever since I got my flat panel monitors at work, I wanted to fill the empty space on my desk. I decided the best way was to fill it with a train! As I am supposed to be working, I wanted a layout where I could just start the train and let it run, that is why there are no switches.

My wife made the sea serpent out of modeling clay.

Attachments

• full.JPG
    full.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,017
  • monster.JPG
    monster.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 1,001
  • atwork.jpg
    atwork.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,039

berraf

jesso said:
Ever since I got my flat panel monitors at work, I wanted to fill the empty space on my desk. I decided the best way was to fill it with a train!
Flat panel monitors have their advantages :D
You give the concept "My desktop layout" a new face sign1

jesso

Thanks for the kind comments. This was the first layout I ever made, other than a circle on a board. I just completed a module that I will be putting pictures up soon. I am also working on building a 4x8 HO layout. This site has given me a lot of inspiration and it is so much fun to be back in trains again.

Papa Bear

Very neat job on the layout, jesso. :thumb:

radar said:
Way cool:thumb: need some place to put my coffee cup though.sign1
Hmmm.... Coffee pot disguised as geothermal spring. Hoppers filled with sugar and creamer...

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Hmmm.... Coffee pot disguised as geothermal spring. Hoppers filled with sugar and creamer...

and flat cars of donuts,actually you might be able to squeeze some mini donuts in a coil carrier sign1

mooreway

Great work. I will have to post pictures of my office layout ( inspired by yours). I also think we need to build you some flar car loads with computer chips for the loads to run on it. and maybe a windows xp car box car.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
That rally is a cool little layout! :thumb:
Who needs to actually do work at the office when they have TRAINS! :D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I was thinking about this layout this morning and it got me to wondering... What kind of an office environment do you work in and how have your fellow coworkers responded to your "desktop" layout?

jesso

Trainnut, I am a computer network administrator, so very few people ever come to my office (although the ones in the building like it) My office for a long time has been known as the playroom. I have Star Wars lego's, Harry Potter Lego's, bobble-head dolls and a few stuffed animals. Whenever the social worker in my building has a problem child, one look in the doorway is usually enough to quiet them down! Every so often, one of the people in the office will tell me to sound the horn (I have a really loud wav file of a train horn)

Cox47, It is one of the first laser-cut models that Mooreway built.

Renovo, Thanks! You can fit even more into that area, butI just wanted a simple loop so that I can start the train and just let it run without any attention to it.