Modele-Kartonowe CardPlane Archives adding to Resources

bruceuncle

bruceuncle
Jul 17, 2008
Goulburn, NSW, Australia
Back in the 2000s, CardPlane hosted a site called Modele-Kartonowe. In addition to showcasing their products, they had a downloads section with some high quality templates and info in PDF format. A couple of these resulted in some detailed build threads in this forum. At the time I used to download copies of just about everything as internet access was still a slow and somewhat flakey ADSL affair over the 'phone lines. The site and the models have all disappeared now and I can find no references to them any more. So from my own archives I'm gradually uploading them into the Resources section under Aircraft & Aviation / Propeller Driven. I'll provide more info on each in that section. This was a Polish site with some English sections.

A word of warning! The URL for the site and many more link URLs appear in these uploads. They have all been disabled as most are broken anyway. But they still appear as plain text. Some of the domains have been taken over by hackers with very malicious intent. So they're quick and easy routes to a badly infected PC or, worse, ransomware! I can't help them appearing as text but DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO COPY AND TRY TO FOLLOW ANY OF THEM! You have been warned!

This is the list, all 1:33 scale except where noted:
  • Bartel BM-6a - A prototype Biplane in Polish livery. Template PDF only.
  • Fokker E-III - Template PDFs in 14 different liveries! A template PDF of a more detailed Oberursel-U1 engine suitable for the model. A PDF of the original downloads page as an index overview of the liveries. PDFs of two forum build threads for this model and some references to the Morane below.
  • Morane Saulnier - Template PDFs in 4 different liveries. This is also shown in one of the forum threads for the Fokkers above.
  • Polikarpov I-16 1:33 - A template PDF in Russian(?) livery. Photos of construction and finished model.
  • Polikarpov I-16 1:48 - A template PDF in different scale.
  • PWS-10 - A set of detailed drawings only (not a template!) in PDF format. A cover photo of the production model that resulted.
  • PWS-50 - A template PDF in civilian livery. 3 photos of model.
  • RWD-22 - A set of detailed template PDFs in Polish livery. A PDF of the original downloads page as an index overview of the file contents. Photos of construction and finished model. This appears to have been the prototype for a proposed model.
  • RWD_25 - A template PDF in Polish livery.
  • Thomas Morse S-5 Seaplane - A template PDF in ? livery (I'm far from expert in Eastern European liveries!). A history page in Polish in PDF format.
  • Zalewski WZ-X - A set of detailed template PDFs in Polish livery. A PDF of a very detailed forum build thread. This had a major mistake on a top starboard wing insignia - 180° rotated with respect to the aileron half of the insignia. With a lot of effort in Adobe Acrobat back in 2008 (these were vector graphics, not pixel based!) I managed to correct the part.
Why they were happy to put these all into the public domain back then is a bit of a mystery. The Fokkers and Moraines are known to have a minor fitting flaw that's easily corrected (see the associated forum threads in the downloads). All the livery variations seem to have been contributed by enthusiasts. The RWD-22 was a prototype that maybe didn't make it into production. The WZ-X had its obvious mistake so presumably was a reject. I have no idea for the others - maybe they were pre-production models or just not considered as good prospects for sales.

Anyway, this is just a heads-up to look out for them in the Resources section over the next few days. :cool: