Model of Merit: Fiat 508 "Balilla"

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator

Tonino

:eek: Gulp!

I am the first to be amazed!!!

Thanks RB! I could have never imagined this model to have such honour! I'm not sure to deserve it completely to be honest. It's not a great model as for technical and building qualities, there are many better than this here around.

But it have some important qualities, I must admit.

The first one is, as you said, this is a four-hand work with John (Zathros). He gave me the first idea, he gave me the model itself and he found great part of the documentation I used to redesign the textures and many internal and external details. He - don't forget - is still working on the new frame that, once realized, will complete this model adding an HUGE amount of details and raising the overall quality of this opera to a real museum quality one!

The second thing is that this is a special subject for me as this is one of the first cars ever driven in my family, and this particular one is not simply "a Balilla" but "OUR Balilla!"

To conclude: thanks again, I don't want to take the merit for this model but want to share it with all my Zealot friends, John in primis, so thanks to YOU for being my inspiration.

Tonino

PS if someone would like to ask for some different colour scheme (RB asked for a white one if I remember correctly...) please feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You do deserve this recognition for your work on this project! Your build of this is very clean and crisp. You have elevated the original kit to a level that collects cars like this would be proud to have it in their collection. It is a very BEAUTIFUL model with a ton of realistic detail.
Thank you once again for sharing your work with all of us!

(Actually, I would like it in black, if I may?)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Tonino, thanks for the credit, but you built it and it is a Gem!! I just am so happy that the car had meaning for you from your childhood and your families. That brings me great joy. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Absolutely fantastic work! You have taken a rather simple template and turned it into a piece of art. This MoM is very well-deserved! :)