MODEL OF MERIT: Discovering UHU02's 2001 Discovery One

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to invite everyone here to help me convey a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to @Jacopo1969 for the ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC JOB that he did on a model that is very difficult as is in the first place, the Discovery One (from 2001: A Space Odyssey) by UHU02. The work that was done on this model is MIND BLOWING!
KUDOS TO YOU ON A FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!
IMG_20191016_203826~01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
You deserve this! Many have tried their hand at this model, only a small few have achieved this level of mastery! You are on of the few!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
The whole bridge section is a piece of art work unto itself. The doors are FANTASTIC! All of the work, effort, and energy that you have put into this model is simply mind blowing! This is why you received "Model of Merit" for this project!

Jacopo1969

The whole bridge section is a piece of art work unto itself. The doors are FANTASTIC! All of the work, effort, and energy that you have put into this model is simply mind blowing! This is why you received "Model of Merit" for this project!
I'm really pleased with it, thanks Rhaven Blaack - means so much to get this feedback from you seasoned modellers. My sister asked me how many hours it had taken - errrrrrr! :hammerhead:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I'm really pleased with it, thanks Rhaven Blaack - means so much to get this feedback from you seasoned modellers. My sister asked me how many hours it had taken - errrrrrr! :hammerhead:
Like I mentioned before. This model has been attempted by many (even seasoned and experienced) model builders. Only a small few have finished it and even fewer have been able to finish it to being close to the level that you have done. Granted, yes, I have thought about trying my hand at this model, but have never taken the leap.
With this level of work, I am really looking forward to seeing more of your work.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
These models turn out to be a "personalbest" that many do not understand, but many do. Hard to quantify the enjoyment and satisfaction gained, working so many hours on something that you enoy. Frankly, it's not necessary to quantify, as we used to say, "it's my thing, do what I want to do, I can't help, who I sock it too". :)